Allergies are killing me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just have to rant a bit. I've had pretty extreme allergies since I was a wee laddie. About a month in Spring and a month in Fall they hit me pretty bad. I've tried all the over the counter meds you can, but finally got the docs to give me prescription strength antihistamine/ decongestant combo in the form of a drug called Respa AR. Long story short, the manufacturer quit making it because the FDA says it wasn't tested right. So, the doc puts me on D-Allergy. Pretty much the same thing but it doesn't work as well. Monday I go to pick up my refill and lo and behold...... the manufacturer quit making it because the FDA says it wasn't tested right and they are doing it with all kinds of allergy pills. Now I have gotten so bad it's turned into an infection of some sort. I get to go back to the doc, pay my co-pay, get another prescription, go through all this hassle yet again because the FDA thinks a drug that has been well known to work for people and has been out on the market for years is bad for me. After all, the government's JOB is to protect me from things like this. RIGHT????

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could just take all of my allergy related co-pays and go to the beach for a month and dry out! Of courese when I get back I would probably need liver treatment from the booze!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have allergies year round from dust, pollen, pet dander, etc., but I don't think I could do that Neti Pot thing.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take Zyrtec every day and it works great for me, though I suspect you've already tried it. Every once in a while I'll get really fed up and take some phenergan, but only if I don't plan on being productive that day.

expertzx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have to rant a bit. I've had pretty extreme allergies since I was a wee laddie. About a month in Spring and a month in Fall they hit me pretty bad. I've tried all the over the counter meds you can, but finally got the docs to give me prescription strength antihistamine/ decongestant combo in the form of a drug called Respa AR. Long story short, the manufacturer quit making it because the FDA says it wasn't tested right. So, the doc puts me on D-Allergy. Pretty much the same thing but it doesn't work as well. Monday I go to pick up my refill and lo and behold...... the manufacturer quit making it because the FDA says it wasn't tested right and they are doing it with all kinds of allergy pills. Now I have gotten so bad it's turned into an infection of some sort. I get to go back to the doc, pay my co-pay, get another prescription, go through all this hassle yet again because the FDA thinks a drug that has been well known to work for people and has been out on the market for years is bad for me. After all, the government's JOB is to protect me from things like this. RIGHT????

Get on a nasal spray (Nasonex, Flonase, etc) and use it in conjunction with the pills you're taking along with Neil Med Sinus Rinse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom