Always wear a shirt when evading police on motorcycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think eluding should be a felony and police should be able to shoot the offender. Hardly a day goes by there’s not a pursuit endangering the lives of both the police and innocent civilians. I hope the guy heals slowly and painfully. The way he rode the bike he looked like a Harley guy on one of his 200 annual mile adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It can be a felony if they meet the criteria of the definition.

Eluding Police - OSCN Statute

"B. Any person who violates the provisions of subsection A of this section in such manner as to endanger any other person shall be deemed guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the State Penitentiary for a term of not less than one (1) year nor more than five (5) years, or by a fine of not less than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) nor more than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.

C. 1. Any person who causes an accident, while eluding or attempting to elude an officer, resulting in great bodily injury to any other person while driving or operating a motor vehicle within this state and who is in violation of the provisions of subsection A of this section may be charged with a violation of the provisions of this subsection. Any person who is convicted of a violation of the provisions of this subsection shall be deemed guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in a state correctional institution for not less than one (1) year and not more than five (5) years, and a fine of not more than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00).

2. As used in this subsection, "great bodily injury" means bodily injury which creates a substantial risk of death or which causes serious, permanent disfigurement or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ."

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't heard so far.You could tell he was about to do something stupid when he kept looking up at the helicopter and realized he wasn't going to get away from it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard the day after on channel 9 the guy had recently been released from the hospital after a suicide attempt in July. So he was probably trying again and had second thoughts at the last moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom