Amazing claim for AR-10 accuracy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend of a friend makes an interesting claim for his high-end AR-10. I know very little about black rifles in any of their numerous variants, but here's what he claims to be able to do with his .308--two inch groups at 2500 yards. Yep, 'bout a thousand yards shy of two miles.

I am normally sort of restrained when I hear what I believe to be exaggerated claims, but I was so startled by this one that, in fairly polite company, I blurted out "What B***S***!"

According to my friend, the gun is truly high end, though I didn't retain enough specifics to pass any along.

I guess my question is, how much accuracy at what ranges is a truly tweaked AR-10 in .308 capable of in the hands of an expert?

I am not a gambler, but with that in mind I have asked my friend to tell his friend that I'll wager $1000 that he can't back up his claim. CB

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I highly doubt that 2" groups at almost 2 miles is possible with a .308 round. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I'm no ballistic expert and no long range guru by any means, but that just sounds absurd.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, im going to call BS on that as well. the M110 SASS has a max effective range of 875 yards and I would think that would be a truly High End system. Adding a couple more wouldnt be to much of a stretch I dont think, but adding another 1600 yards... yeah... I would take the 1000 bucks that he couldnt either.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's 100% full of it.

So outragous of a claim that it's not even worth going into any specifics. Ask him why he's not already in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Latest posts

Top Bottom