Amazing claim for AR-10 accuracy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That reminds me of my ex-brother in law. Just a few examples of how dumb he was is, first, he once told me that his buddy made his SKS fully auto by shaving a one thousandth's of an inch off his trigger spring...second, he showed me a new carry pistol (it was a Kahr but I can't remember which model), pulled the trigger, racked the slide, then slowly let pressure off the trigger til it hit the reset and said that now it's set on "combat pull"...and third, he had a friend with a racecar that could do a 1/4 mile in 6.5 seconds.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Oh F U D G E. Except I didn't say fudge. I used the king of all dirty words......" Best Christmas movie ever made.

"You'll shoot your eye out."

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That reminds me of my ex-brother in law. Just a few examples of how dumb he was is, first, he once told me that his buddy made his SKS fully auto by shaving a one thousandth's of an inch off his trigger spring...second, he showed me a new carry pistol (it was a Kahr but I can't remember which model), pulled the trigger, racked the slide, then slowly let pressure off the trigger til it hit the reset and said that now it's set on "combat pull"...and third, he had a friend with a racecar that could do a 1/4 mile in 6.5 seconds.

His friend must be well off to own a car that runs on nitro-methane.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bullets from a rifled barrel obviously spin. By the time they reach 2000 yds, that "spin" (now more of a wobble!) has degraded to about a 10" circle. So, even if he got the hold-over right (which would be over 6'), had perfect aim, 0 operator error, played the wind perfectly (which, in that distance would change several times), and perfect ammo, he'd still only be able to hit a 20" circle consistently, even if his gun was perfect (I mean 1 hole groups at 200yards perfect). The laws of physics you just can't cheat.

Took these numbers from a book I just read, I can't prove they are true, but it seems to make sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom