Amazing claim for AR-10 accuracy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he can do it at 1000yds I'd give him the money. At 1k its not impossible, but 2" is an accuracy claim that out of a gas-gun, would take incredible equipment and skill.

Last edited:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make it $2000 if he says it'll do that with factory ammo.

Double the bet with any .308 ammo and I'll cover half.

And no fast talkin' tricks from the guy. He's got to load the magazine with the ammo while I watch and then shoot out of that AR-10 on the day of his choosing while I/we watch.
2" at 2500 yards? With .308.

Define group. 3 shots or 5. How many groups?

ROFLMAO.

BS doesn't even begin to cover that claim. Hell - quadruple the bet. Let's just go ahead and make it an OSA group bet. The guy obviously has too much money and way too little sense.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unmitigated horse puckey! The aiming error alone would negate the claim, much less the rifle or ammo. Even a 32X scope reticle would subtend more than 2" at 2500.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What he's claiming is insanely hard/impossible using the best distance platforms with the most highly trained and experienced shooters. He's full of it. Bet cash vs his rifle.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Put me down for some of the wager money, he's full of crap. If he said he could do that with a .338 lapua I might be more inclined to believe it happened once but not .308. I'm not a ballistics expert and have been proven wrong on this forum more than once but I'll call bs on that also.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Put me down for some of the wager money, he's full of crap. If he said he could do that with a .338 lapua I might be more inclined to believe it happened once but not .308. I'm not a ballistics expert and have been proven wrong on this forum more than once but I'll call bs on that also.

There is only a few people that could make that shot with a 50cal. Tell him to put up or shut up!

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is this your target or the target of the guy you were watching at the range?

My high-end AR in .308 (POF) shot this at 300 yds, a 1" or under group plus a "flyer" bringing it out to about +1.5." If it wasn't for shooter error, I bet it could do 1/3 MOA at 300 yards. I am working on that.

I consider that pretty outrageous accuracy from semi with factory ammo. Much better than 1/4 MOA, and I am very skeptical.

i225.photobucket.com_albums_dd69_tomthebaker_The_20new_20default_20Tomthebaker_20Album_IMAG0167.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom