Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's part of the problem. You didn't think about it. Just heard it, and came here to the echo chamber instead of taking literally seconds to click on the account and vet the information even just the slightest little bit. That is 100% how all the fake news starts spreading --- through people being careless and not understanding something but then passing it along as fact, or people maliciously planting information that people are careless about and will pass it along as fact.

It's the same crap going with the election as a whole right now. DJT, Rudy and all the circle spreading information about rigged elections but they can't get anywhere in court. Why? Because in the media they can say anything --- no consequences. But in court, under oath, there are real consequences for lying, and you're supposed to have evidence. But how many people that believe all the election stolen stuff have investigated? Truly looked into it rather than relying on misinformation spreading?

Heck, even in this thread after it being pointed out multiple times that it was a troll the original post hasn't been edited to say "whoops, this was false, I got trolled". Nope? Post one is still right there with a claim that Amazon said bad stuff.

Exactly. It's exactly how so many were duped into believing that January 6th had any other real outcome than the Electoral votes being certified and why people called for Pence to be executed based on false claims that he had the authority to overturn the election. It's why some Karen can take pictures of a trashcan and the Fraud Squad goes bezerk over "ballots being shredded"....never mind that not a single ballot was found, photo'd, taken, or proven to have been shredded. Just a picture of a trash can full of paper.

Someone says something that they like, and sounds like it fits their chosen narrative, so they just run with it. Same thing happened with the ANTIFA protesters "spotted just outside of town" thing.

People are easily duped when they want the story to be true.

As for Parlor. Boohoo. So Amazon dumped them. If a baker doesn't have bake a cake for a gay couple, Amazon doesn't have to do business with Parlor, Qanon or whoever the heck wants to use the site. Right? Or are we changing our principles again?

If enough people express an interest in Parlor, that is what's called demand. The Parlor CEO will find a way to capitalize on that demand.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are right, I didn't think about it being fake. Maybe I am to honest (but I doubt it) I am just not use to so much lying and fake crap that goes on nowadays. Which is probably why I replied to him later on in the thread about hiding in his mom's basement trying to jump thru his fist while looking at pictures of Hillary.

I admit I was a BG in my young and wild days, but back then only penny ante scum pulled crap like that. Guess I have to learn not to take people at their word.

As far as the original post, good point. I never even thought about changing it, just getting back at the guy that trolled me. Really funny Amazon has not deleted the whole thread on their FB page.

Yep - I don’t understand the fake news / misleading information stuff. I grew up in a time when a man’s word meant everything.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep - I don’t understand the fake news / misleading information stuff. I grew up in a time when a man’s word meant everything.
I dunno, since I was born there's been a lot of hijinks related to people's word not meaning a dang thing. How many dot com bubbles, real estate bubbles, car warranty scams, Enrons etc have been in the last few decades. All because people said one thing and meant another. Or just outright lied. Let's go back to Reagan who wanted to instill "trust but verify". I mean, why would that be necessary if someone's word really meant much back then even.

I grew up on the internet. I work on the internet --- the internet has NEVER been a place where you should trust everything. It's a reflection of society as a whole. The same people that have called you on the phone saying the IRS is out to get you, quick wire 10k to Nigeria or the people that call your grandma to talk her into some toxic scheme that'll lose her savings are on the internet too. Sure, most people are trying to put out honest stuff. But when people choose to ignore any sense of personal responsibility to check things out before spreading them it amplifies all the lies.

This is the same reason that I get my information from lots of sources. I don't have one single source. I want to check multiple and drill to original sources where possible --- that's a lot more work than believing what you want and calling everyone else a libtard though like many folks prefer.

Sure do miss Walter Cronkite........just gave the facts and let you determine how to make sense of 'em.
Yup --- funny how once cable came out and all the "news" places had to fill 4-32 or however many channels there are now with ads how the "news" became much less "newsy" and more "look at all this shiny sensational BS to get you hooked and coming back here".

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I take that as "I'm not answering the question because it probably doesn't fit my narrative"

You answered my question with a question first. Obviously, your response tells me that you won't answer when it doesn't fit your narrative. At least I was able to deduce you would have answered "No".

Projection - It's what's for deflection.

Woody

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. It's exactly how so many were duped into believing that January 6th had any other real outcome than the Electoral votes being certified and why people called for Pence to be executed based on false claims that he had the authority to overturn the election. It's why some Karen can take pictures of a trashcan and the Fraud Squad goes bezerk over "ballots being shredded"....never mind that not a single ballot was found, photo'd, taken, or proven to have been shredded. Just a picture of a trash can full of paper.

Someone says something that they like, and sounds like it fits their chosen narrative, so they just run with it. Same thing happened with the ANTIFA protesters "spotted just outside of town" thing.

As for Parlor. Boohoo. So Amazon dumped them. If a baker doesn't have bake a cake for a gay couple, Amazon doesn't have to do business with Parlor, Qanon or whoever the heck wants to use the site. Right? Or are we changing our principles again?

If enough people express an interest in Parlor, that is what's called demand. The Parlor CEO will find a way to capitalize on that demand.

Baker either bakes the cake, or gets heavily fined it turns out. Should Amazon not have to face the same?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I wouldn't put it past the party itself starting the Jan 6th rumors, stirring the base, all to further along the common goal of splitting the people... it's all smoke and mirrors, parlor wasn't in regular vocabulary until it was gone, we're all fools to believe absolutely anything from any media concerning any topic. They speak, it's lies. Same goes for any person elected to any office.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Baker either bakes the cake, or gets heavily fined it turns out. Should Amazon not have to face the same?

No, you should stand on principle. If the baker was not obligated, then neither is Amazon. “Their” desire to force the baker to comply should not move you from your principles.

Nut up and raise the capital to start your own server farm and social media service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom