Ammo count ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe this site should be called Okhoarders Association instead of Okshooters. People are hoarding because of paranoia, while others actually want to go shoot and learn how to handle their firearms but they can't because others want to sit and talk about how much ammo they have stored in their closet.

I don't trust the government either, but this is getting rediculous, people buying up all the 22 ammo?! I thought I was paranoid, everybody stock up and add to the frenzy, but if anything ever did happen to justify this paraonoia, we'd probably die before we got to shoot 500 rounds of our 10,000 round 9mm stash.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe this site should be called Okhoarders Association instead of Okshooters. People are hoarding because of paranoia, while others actually want to go shoot and learn how to handle their firearms but they can't because others want to sit and talk about how much ammo they have stored in their closet.

I don't trust the government either, but this is getting rediculous, people buying up all the 22 ammo?! I thought I was paranoid, everybody stock up and add to the frenzy, but if anything ever did happen to justify this paraonoia, we'd probably die before we got to shoot 500 rounds of our 10,000 round 9mm stash.

I want to shoot, just haven't found the time or a place yet. I don't want to go to an indoor range, I would prefer somewhere outside.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I want to shoot, just haven't found the time or a place yet. I don't want to go to an indoor range, I would prefer somewhere outside.

Oklahoma City Gun Club, of course you'll need some time to go and for a fraction of what many people are spending on ammo right now, you can join for a year.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I see this complaint all the time. I have had to look a little harder, but the ammo is there. Yes, I had to pay a little more than normal, but I have picked up about 13,000 rounds in the past month. I'm not hoarding, I like to shoot!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
reload and cast your own. less than 3 bucks a box. i have enough components to sleep well at night with a minimal investment

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Come out to a match, great fun and very good practice at learning to run your gun under stress. I can't hoard because going to 3-4 matches a month gets rid of it pretty quick. I had about 2700 rounds of 9mm before this frenzy started, but it won't last long.

OKCGC matches are outside with creative stages with shooter movement and moving targets. Heartland Outdoors in Edmond and H&H have indoor matches as well, with similar setups for what they can do in their smaller bays and the indoor matches have a lower round count.

Check them out OKCGC is 1st Saturday of the month (9:30am sign in), Heartland 1st & 3rd Sunday nights (5:30 sign in), H&H 2nd Sunday night of the month (5:30pm sign in)

You do not have to be a member at any of them to shoot in the matches and you get to shoot at steel and props that most can't on their own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom