Ancestry.com - DNA KIT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandmother was talking to her brother, my great-uncle, who just got one done. Their parents were immigrants from Mexico, my grandmother never even spoke English till elementary school. Anyways, DNA test came back with no Hispanic blood, she couldn't remember all the results, but it did say 1/3 British.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandmother was talking to her brother, my great-uncle, who just got one done. Their parents were immigrants from Mexico, my grandmother never even spoke English till elementary school. Anyways, DNA test came back with no Hispanic blood, she couldn't remember all the results, but it did say 1/3 British.

This...If I decided to do one, my wife wants us both to do it, then it sure wouldnt be from Ancestry.com.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do we know this isn't some nefarious secret FBI program to build a national DNA database and get you to pay for it because Congress wont fund it?:anyone:

We don't . We just have to have faith.
PS_0644W_CIRCLE_TRUST_t.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My results are back!

Western European 34%
Irish 30%
Great Britain 28%
Scandinavian (Finland) 7%
African (Senegal) 1%

Dang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This. Cheap tests don't use very many markers, making false correlations more likely. These are not forensic-grade tests (which still occasionally incur false-positives), but they're being used for forensic purposes. Thanks, but no thanks.

Additionally: as medical science advances, we're learning to read DNA to determine relative rates of certain diseases. What happens when a security breach happens (have you noticed how many we've had lately), and your sequence ends up in the hands of your health insurance company?

Bingo! I can just see them finding a data source and running DNA just as an employer runs a background check. Nope...Nope...Nope.

Have you guys seen the science fiction movie Gattaca?

Latest posts

Top Bottom