Boo-Boo kits...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, I keep one in each of our cars. Nothing but small first aid stuff.
1670885976851.jpeg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Anything else you can think of that I need, let's hear it.
Superglue
betadine wipes
alcohol wipes
couple exacto blades
some kind of forceps (with a little more ass than tweezers)
scissors
Athletic tape - roll some onto a pen or nail or something

Additional stuff in another bag in a vehicle...that can be an endless effort.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I used to trek in the mountains, my med kit consisted of a tube of Superglue. I figured I could forage for other needs and take care of biological needs when I got back. It always seemed to work out OK.

Your results may vary.
used ducktape on many cuts and some likely needed stitches, but who has time for that. stretchy tapes is good too. I used to tape my toes with it during long ultra runs. great for anything. Ducktape, athletic tape, and the kinesotic tape

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I used to trek in the mountains, my med kit consisted of a tube of Superglue. I figured I could forage for other needs and take care of biological needs when I got back. It always seemed to work out OK.

Your results may vary.
The guy who convinced me to carry a lighter was an OHP Trooper. He carried one because a buddy of his on the OHP got ambushed in the woods by a couple of bad guys that he was trailing on a cold night; they didn’t hill him outright, but his legs got broken in the process, and he died of exposure. If he’d had a way of making a fire, he probably would’ve survived the night and been rescued the next morning.

Since that day, he has carried some means of starting a fire, and I’ve carried one since he told me about it.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the first aid stuff in kits that you buy is fluff and only necessary if you’re a few days out from civilization, or have a situation like your grandson did, but don’t carry the things that make a difference if you really need it. Kirlex and Coban for a pressure bandage, tourniquet for if the first two don’t work, and a chest seal.

You can get way more in the weeds than those things, but they’re the main difference maker on injuries that will kill you in minutes

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the first aid stuff in kits that you buy is fluff and only necessary if you’re a few days out from civilization, or have a situation like your grandson did, but don’t carry the things that make a difference if you really need it. Kirlex and Coban for a pressure bandage, tourniquet for if the first two don’t work, and a chest seal.

You can get way more in the weeds than those things, but they’re the main difference maker on injuries that will kill you in minutes
I had a list of stuff that I deleted because most people either don't know how to use it or won't. A lot of folks think coban sang for Nirvana.

Latest posts

Top Bottom