And behold, a monster was born.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-DUB

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
you will find it to be very therapudic i have a couple of lee presses they are great the only problem is its getting hard to find components too

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to re size it first. When you shoot it, it will expand and then you have to squeeze it back down to new size so it will hold the bullet. Hey, I am reading the manual for you. READ THE MANUAL.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You have to re size it first. When you shoot it, it will expand and then you have to squeeze it back down to new size so it will hold the bullet. Hey, I am reading the manual for you. READ THE MANUAL.

What came with my little kit wasn't too clear on that, actually.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used lots of lee loaders and never had a problem. Years ago I had one for a 410 shotgun and loaned it to someone. Never got it back and haven't found one in years. I really liked it.

Those are collector items now, and sometimes go for as much as a hundred bucks. That's two year old info. I was very surprised. I have a .410 kit that is very much like the Lee kit, but a different brand (can't remember and it's hiding from me in my reloading room). Not sure what it's worth, but if you have a Lee, you might be able to market it at a good profit.

For any volume, a MEC single stage is the way to go.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get the lee field loader set?
The one that you use a hammer to drive the brass into the die then hammer and primer removal rod to remove primer.?
I call that the lee Wack-A-Mole.
Those work good most of the time..I started with them..now have the lee classic cast press.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one that you use a hammer to drive the brass into the die then hammer and primer removal rod to remove primer.?
Those work good most of the time..I started with them..now have the lee classic cast press.

I have a brother that uses nothing else.
I got started as a kid on one of those and still have it.
But anyone who knows me will tell you I progressed way deeper into the dark craft.....

Reloading is like a front porch swing. It'll make your problems seem distant soon.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom