Andouille Sausage and Gumbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey OKC Crew,

Where in the city...even Edmond to Norman can a person buy REAL andouille sausage along with some gumbo...seafood,shrimp, crawfish.

I know Gulfport Seafood Market sells frozen seafood and shrimp gumbo...who else?

I don't want to make it myself.....just heat it up and eat it.

Real...yes,real andouille sausage..not hot links...andouille. I don't want to order it and have it shipped, just thought I might find it locally.

The rainy weather is making me want some sort of gumbo and andouille..boudin will suffice if I can't find any. Sunday sure sounds good with a bowl of gumbo and andouille sausage while I watch the Texans beat the Titans.

Maybe next week I'll order some cajun food from S.W. Louisiana to get me into the swing of the fall season....gumbo, sausage, even some frozen(not fresh..out of season) softshell crabs....mmmm,mmm, .

As the say in Cajun land: "Laissez les bons temps rouler"!!!
Let the good times roll!!

Cohiba

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my new favorites is the "Shack oyster bar and grill". The have some of the best oysters on the halfshell I ever had and I would bet they have this sausage.
Its on 63rd west of Broadway Ext. about 1/4 mile on south side.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy my andouille from Cossy's Custom Meats in Mustang. They have it shipped in from somewhere else. I love andouille gumbo, I made a giant pot two weeks ago.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's some place called Cajun King on Ed Noble in Norman. I haven't ever been there but I'm going to try it soon, I bought a groupon $20 for $40 - so we'll go use that sometime. It might be worth checking out.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see andouille at Reasor's every now and again, believe it or not. Whole Foods has some too.

If you go to a farmer's market, there are a lot of local farms in OK that raise hogs and make their own sausage. There's one place that I always see in Tulsa but I forget the name. He makes andouille.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PS speaking of Whole Foods, I imagine this is what it would be like if a typical OSA poster went there:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get my andouille, and other sausage, from Kamp's Meat Market in Nichols Hills. They make all their sausage and it's pretty darn good. Not having had andouille from Louisiana, I can't say whether it's authentic or not but it's good. Plus you can't beat the service or quality :-)

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cajun King is amazing. Don't get too crazy with the buffet items cause when you sit down they will bring you a basket of the very best catfish you have ever tasted. The shrimp etoufe, collard greens, and red beans and rice are exceptional. Their gumbo is good but can be a little thin from time to time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom