Character...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Character.

It's a simple word that has several meanings.

A character can be a fictional person in a book, movie or play. It can be a symbol used in typing such as a question mark, explanation point, period or ampersand. It can describe the uniqueness of a house or town. Or it can mean the caliber of a person.

I have a very blessed life. My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ has truly blessed me with an awesome wife, great kids, an incredible grandson, a good job, a nice home, a healthy, fulfilling life and last (but certainly not least) a promise of eternal life through Him.

However...

Once in a great while a person comes along that really knocks you for a loop because of a kind gesture.

If some of you can remember back about four years ago (I know I personally will never forget what happened) I was asking around about Joe's Crab Shack and what to expect. The reason why was because my oldest daughter Jordan was turning 18 years old and she wanted to go to Joe's for her birthday.

I personally am not a huge fan of seafood. I like shrimp and clams but I think crablegs are a waste of time and money for the all the work you do for such a little amount of food. That's just me. I also know that the price of one entrée at places like Joe's costs about as much as what Mrs GED and I can BOTH eat for anywhere else.

But...it was my little girls birthday. If she wanted Joe's then we are going to Joe's.

Well, one of our members saw my post and obviously felt my pain. He sent me a PM along with his phone number and basically said that he had a buddy who worked at Joe's as one of the big-wigs and he could get me a gift card to help with the cost of our trip. I obliged him and told him I would see him Saturday.

Well, we arrived at Joe's and went inside when he called. My family was already seated and had ordered our drinks. I had excused myself and met him in the parking lot. He was in a rush so he simply handed me a Joe's card and said tell your daughter happy birthday. We shook hands, he left and I went back inside.

As I sat down, I opened the little envelope the card was in, expecting it to be for 20 bucks or so. Much to my shock and surprise, the card had a ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR BALANCE on it.

:ooh2:

I called him back and said, "dude! WTF?" :ugh2:

He said don't worry about it. He's patched up him and his buddies all the time for nuthin'. No biggie.

Anyway. That was four years ago.

Today I received an item in the mail that didn't cost me a thing, all because of one of our members and his huge heart.

Character.

When I hear that word, people like this man and the man that gave my daughter - A TOTAL STRANGER - a gift from the heart because of the kind of person they are.

I truly want to thank these two members for doing a remarkable thing. Neither one of them know me. If I passed them in the local Walmart tomorrow, they wouldn't know me from Adam. And in honor of their wishes, I'm not going to name them in this forum. They know who they are.

I want to thank the member who sent me the item yesterday. It arrived today. It is awesome and I will cherish it always. You sir have a heart as big as the moon and you didn't have to do what you did for a dumb cop like me. But my hat is off to you sir and I am proud to call you my brother in Christ.

Thanks guys. I really, really REALLY appreciate ya! :bowdown:

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
We can only pray that character like this becomes contagious someday. This post will be printed off and given to my children as proof the World isn't hopeless.

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have OU season tickets. Every year, we always have to miss one game for some reason or another. We always give the tickets away. Always. I always let people try my firearms. I look at it as in a small way, giving back for those that have hoped me. It's people like you mentioned that make this a world that I can still raise my kids in. That, and I've been drinking and am emotional. Stupid beer.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a character!
:bigeye::bigeye::bigeye::bigeye:

QT guy gave me change back for a $20 this morning. I gave him a $5 though. Most folks woulda walked & smiled. I returned $15. Different QT, the morning before, I watch a 40ish guy filling up a gallon thermos with ice & orange Gatorade. When he gets up to pay, 2 people ahead of me, he pays $1.09 for sunflower seeds, says nothing in the jug, and walks.

I effing HATE thieves.
:angry3::angry3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom