Animal cruelty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's an animal but it has feeling and also it's a living thing. I love my dog, I treat her like a family member. I cannot stand people who abuses and mistreat animals. They need to have some kind of a law with maximum penalty for mistreating animals.

This^^^^^^^^^. That's why I can't watch animal cruelty-type shows. I love my pets. I cannot stand animal abuse and feel like there is a special place in h3ll for them.

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took the comment as tongue in cheek more than intent. I don't condone the poisining of animals (gophers the ecxeption) nor do I put up with someone allowing their dog to crap in my yard.

RPO_Z06

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
More to the point, that is about the most horrible way for an animal to die.

Yes it is, I can't think of a way that takes longer and inflicts more pain and suffering, to willingly do this to another living being, would in my personal opinion make someone not worthy of consuming oxygen.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More to the point, that is about the most horrible way for an animal to die.

It depends upon the poison, but I generally agree. Rat/mouse poison is a slow, lingering death, to the point that I insist on breakback traps instead. I don't know about current formulations, but I'm told at least some older ones were warfarin or similar, causing the animal to bleed internally until he died.

Gas poison (damn gophers!) is much quicker. I'd prefer the Rodenator (the shockwave kills instantly), but the critters have tunneled under my house and I'm afraid of cracking the foundation.

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the rodenator as well but in a neighborhood it just won't do. So, I chose this. I don't care how it kills them, I just want them dead. I don't want to chase them to my neighbors yard I want them gone. My patience has come to an end. I asked them politely to leave but they wouldn't listen. ( for you sensitive folks)

http://www.critterridders.com/gopher.htm

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like rat or mouse poison but it has nothing to do with whether it is humane or not. They run off and die then stink to high heavens and you can't find them.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's disturbing to even think to poison an animal and let them go through that pain and agony. I suggest poisoning their master before the poor animal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom