Another fine UPS delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear that a lot when I'm on vacation.

It's not that the cover driver doesn't care, he might do 5 different routes in a week... They might not have the same rapport or knowledge the regular driver has with customers.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
too bad that person in the video wasn't an actual driver... he was a temp jumper(driver helper) during xmas.

Does UPS lower their standards for temp drivers? As in, it's ok for temp drivers to throw packages over the gate and piss on a house, but not acceptable for full time drivers to do the same?

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drivers don't load the cars, that's a whole other operation. We aren't even allowed tape/tapeguns on car.

Trust me, we(drivers) hate when we have boxes that look like hammered sh* on car. Personally, I won't leave stuff like that, my discretion. If I were you I'd get upset with the shipper for shipping their products without sufficient packaging/packing material.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I complained by email once and the reply was similar to yours. It is not our fault, we (UPS) have standards shippers are supposed to follow for packaging. If they don't follow those, we aren't responsible.

Well maybe they shouldn't pick up the damn boxes if they don't meet the standards. A couple times of that and the shipper might start following guidelines.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why do that? Ups doesn't pay the claims if the shipper fails to properly pack their product, that's on the shipper.

I can vouch for this. Carriers won't even pay claims if the trailer catches on fire and burns your shipment to ashes. It's the shippers fault for not packing in a fire resistant container.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can vouch for this. Carriers won't even pay claims if the trailer catches on fire and burns your shipment to ashes. It's the shippers fault for not packing in a fire resistant container.
Wow! I have seen at least one major carrier (UPS, FedEx) dump a semi on the icy interstate at least once a year the last 3 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom