Another fine UPS delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know, I guess I misunderstood the pride in my work. If somebody before me on the assembly line set me up for failure, I would try to rememdy it, not say IDGAF, its not my fault.

who's pride are you talking about?

UPS gets the job done, it's the shipper who's contractually responsible to have the product properly packaged. They signed up for it. When their damage claims get too high, Ups's sale's reps go out to let them know, "hey, pack your stuff better, it's messing up our operation"

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know, I guess I misunderstood the pride in my work. If somebody before me on the assembly line set me up for failure, I would try to rememdy it, not say IDGAF, its not my fault.

As a good friend of mine who is a captain on UPS airliners often says, "you can't spell stupid without UPS."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why do that? Ups doesn't pay the claims if the shipper fails to properly pack their product, that's on the shipper.

Yep, it was a long time ago, but I worked a short stint for Rocket Freight lines on the local delivery side. If the person receiving the package noted the package was damaged when received on the bill of lading, the shipper had to cover it.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
haha... ups pilots make 200K plus

And that has what to do with anything? Jealousy, perhaps?

I'll put it this way: when I've taken the day off from work to receive a package, stuck around the house all day, and the doorbell never rings, but a little yellow-and-brown note appears on my door saying "attempted delivery, no answer," well, I just can't take y'all seriously.

Show of hands: who else has had a similar experience?

Latest posts

Top Bottom