Another fine UPS delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that has what to do with anything? Jealousy, perhaps?

I'll put it this way: when I've taken the day off from work to receive a package, stuck around the house all day, and the doorbell never rings, but a little yellow-and-brown note appears on my door saying "attempted delivery, no answer," well, I just can't take y'all seriously.

Show of hands: who else has had a similar experience?

Your like me. The door bell doesn't work.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And that has what to do with anything? Jealousy, perhaps?

I'll put it this way: when I've taken the day off from work to receive a package, stuck around the house all day, and the doorbell never rings, but a little yellow-and-brown note appears on my door saying "attempted delivery, no answer," well, I just can't take y'all seriously.

Show of hands: who else has had a similar experience?
Ah but that was a seasonal temp employee, they are held to a lower standard although they technically still deliver for Brown.
Maybe I could get one of those seasonal positions and deliver in the evening. Just drive down the road, kick the box out at the curb, honk a few times and haul ass. You know since I am just a temporary that should be ok, its just the shippers fault anyway.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait....did you just try to justify the carrier not paying a $1900 claim?

justify??? nope just saying that those folks in that operation are no longer with the company due to a warehouse/trailer fire. Talk with your rep.

thank God, no one was injured beyond minor burns suffered.

I got pics and know it was an accident, UPS hired another company to clean it up and whatever Liberty Mutual decided to do, was up to them... that's there job.

question, what are you pissed about or just want to argue about? The drivers have little to no activity with what corporate wants to do.... we just deliver packages...
Out of 142 deliveries today, one didn't make it.... sh* leaked all out and I had to have a haz mat responder show up because package was haz mat and not labeled that way...(cheaping out on paying haz mat fees). My 30 pickups were on time and the 200 pieces I picked up will surely make their way. Thank God tomorrow is Friday!!!!!

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah but that was a seasonal temp employee, they are held to a lower standard although they technically still deliver for Brown.
Maybe I could get one of those seasonal positions and deliver in the evening. Just drive down the road, kick the box out at the curb, honk a few times and haul ass. You know since I am just a temporary that should be ok, its just the shippers fault anyway.

here's the kicker..... YOU AIN'T the DRIVER, you sit in a jumper seat and take package and leave it at door, as fast as you can, because we have 300 more deliveries....whats the shippers fault you keep bringing up?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
justify??? nope just saying that those folks in that operation are no longer with the company due to a warehouse/trailer fire. Talk with your rep.

thank God, no one was injured beyond minor burns suffered.

I got pics and know it was an accident, UPS hired another company to clean it up and whatever Liberty Mutual decided to do, was up to them... that's there job.

question, what are you pissed about or just want to argue about? The drivers have little to no activity with what corporate wants to do.... we just deliver packages...
Out of 142 deliveries today, one didn't make it.... sh* leaked all out and I had to have a haz mat responder show up because package was haz mat and not labeled that way...(cheaping out on paying haz mat fees). My 30 pickups were on time and the 200 pieces I picked up will surely make their way. Thank God tomorrow is Friday!!!!!
Another good reason to not pick up improperly packaged and secured packages from a shipper. But THAT is none of my business. Luckily it wasn't something dangerous enough to injure you.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here's the kicker..... YOU AIN'T the DRIVER, you sit in a jumper seat and take package and leave it at door, as fast as you can, because we have 300 more deliveries....whats the shippers fault you keep bringing up?

Because "as fast as you can" justifies pre-filling the "we missed you ticket," sticking it on the door without ringing the bell, and running off to the next faux-delivery...how?

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another good reason to not pick up improperly packaged and secured packages from a shipper. But THAT is none of my business. Luckily it wasn't something dangerous enough to injure you.
trust me, there are shippers that are suspended for that... quality control ya know. I know some things do get damaged from our operation, but UPS has been around 100+ years... just celebrated another founders day!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah save time, drop kick it from the curb, cause if the box doesn't hold up, its not UPS fault.
20150408_130443.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom