Another fine UPS delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember shipping some iron LT1 heads through UPS once, they showed up like they'd been thrown off a 10 story building. One of the head studs was broken off and the actual head was chipped. Long story short UPS blamed me, which was a load of BS because that box was overpacked. Box showed up destroyed. Never got resolved. I also have a doorbell that doesn't work. I avoid using them whenever possible.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a problem with UPS in my small town. Delivery man knows everybody and will take packages we get to my wife's work or catch me around town to make delivery. He can't control what happens before it gets here but he does his part.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a problem with UPS in my small town. Delivery man knows everybody and will take packages we get to my wife's work or catch me around town to make delivery. He can't control what happens before it gets here but he does his part.

That's frigging awesome. Sounds like the guy needs a bonus.

We try to make it a point to do something special once or twice a year for people who perform in the "service industry" around our place - like we give gift cards to the "sanitation workers" at Christmas time - or at least we DID, until they've gone to this new automated trash truck and there are no more of them. Now just one driver who pushes buttons instead of the guys we would see every week. Anyways... that kinda driver sounds like he needs someone to do something like that. Amazes me how much people appreciate little things like that - I buy dinner for all my staff at work usually 2-3 times a month, it really makes them feel more appreciated.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that's brilliant... that's all a driver wants-to make MORE work for the next day... add another stop

No.... he's just lazy and leaves it on the porch. Which contributed to getting some packages stolen off our porch a few years ago during Christmas time.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No.... he's just lazy and leaves it on the porch. Which contributed to getting some packages stolen off our porch a few years ago during Christmas time.

if packages are being left on the porch without a signature, the shipper is skimping out on "signature required" fees, so yea, keep blaming the driver... lol

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if packages are being left on the porch without a signature, the shipper is skimping out on "signature required" fees, so yea, keep blaming the driver... lol

I get that you probably feel piled on here.... but your company sucks in terms of customer service. This is no secret. All I'm asking as that a driver attempt to deliver the package to a person... hence ring the doorbell. USPS and FedEx seem to have no problem doing this.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
never asked if you cared, just stating the job, yep, I signed up for it and do the best I can. I'm very fortunate to have the clientele that treat me as family as I do them.
about taking it up with the employer, ha, union battles every day... we can't do anything about it, the customer has to call and complain...

We treat all of our delivery drivers well. There are frozen treats and cold drinks in a fridge the have full access to.....but that doesn't mean that their employers won't fawk us on legitimate claims. I mean, come on, there is no reasonable way for us to protect our shipments from fire.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Compared to the utter incompetence of some of the USPS personnel around here, our UPS guy is STELLAR!

Our local fedex people need some help too! Come on. The reason for the last delivery failure by fedex was address does not exist. Come on, we lived here for over 10 years and have had multiple fedex deliveries.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get that you probably feel piled on here.... but your company sucks in terms of customer service. This is no secret. All I'm asking as that a driver attempt to deliver the package to a person... hence ring the doorbell. USPS and FedEx seem to have no problem doing this.
My USPS guy never delivers to my door. Which is all of 40 feet from the mailbox. Lazy piece of trash won't ever get out of his truck. Just leave it sitting on top of my box. I'm surprised more stuff hasn't gotten stolen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom