Another Questionable Shooting in Arizona

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there is anytime that is right to bash a cop, this is a person who should get it. He makes all of us look bad.

There is no rule against being critical of an individual officer's actions based on reasonable, critical thought when you have the facts.

Making generalized, uninformed, or uneducated statements about a subject of which one knows little, is what we refer to as cop-bashing.

If anyone (not you chubbs. I know you know) has any question about a potential post being cop bashing, it's probably not a good idea to post it or pm one of the moderators.

I would say that in this case we have an officer with extraordinary disciplinary problems who will have his day in court.

Michael Brown

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, if I heard correctly, he DIDN'T need a warrant because he called to the scene by, and allowed to enter by, the woman that was there, correct?

Perhaps he was a bit crude, but his statement appears accurate.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, if I heard correctly, he DIDN'T need a warrant because he called to the scene by, and allowed to enter by, the woman that was there, correct?

That was my understanding as well. I believe the issue is, why did he shoot? Plus, he has a past of bad behavior.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. I am not speculating on or excusing any actions after that. But it seemed the news reports and other commentary are focusing on his not having a warrant, and making it out to be some sort of impetus to the homicide. I wanted to clarify that his entry (if nothing else) was lawful.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cops are heroes, but we're ignorant if we think there aren't bad apples out there who get some sort of powergasm by asserting their authority over what they see as denizens in their jurisdiction. The number of these bad apples is low compared to all the great officers out there, and it's a shame we don't hear more about the good apples on local news stations, which seem more interested in reporting blood spilling in the streets rather than the positive aspects of our communities. I have a good apple in the family who has gotten more awards for his service in his < 5 years of service than he'd ever admit.

But if what that officer's partner said was indeed true, and the man was shot and killed for no reason other than telling the officer he needed a warrant, murder charges need to be brought against him. And what's with all the dog killing? I've seen numerous videos of police raids where the family dog, doing nothing more than barking at loud noises and strange people in their house, are shot (sometimes in front of children). Perhaps the SWAT teams who carry out these raids need to be held to a higher level of accountability for their actions. Too many wrong houses have had their doors busted in without any tangible consequences for the door busters.

Not cop bashing, but like I said, you're ignorant if you don't acknowledge the problem, no matter how small of the population of LEOs it constitutes.

Last edited:

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That is correct, he was let in by the mother of the deceased. No warrant is needed when you are invited into a house by the home owner

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cops are heroes, but we're ignorant if we think there aren't bad apples out there who get some sort of powergasm by asserting their authority over what they see as denizens in their jurisdiction. The number of these bad apples is low compared to all the great officers out there, and it's a shame we don't hear more about the good apples on local news stations, which seem more interested in reporting blood spilling in the streets rather than the positive aspects of our communities. I have a good apple in the family who has gotten more awards for his service in his < 5 years of service than he'd ever admit.

But if what that officer's partner said was indeed true, and the man was shot and killed for no reason other than telling the officer he needed a warrant, murder charges need to be brought against him. And what's with all the dog killing? I've seen numerous videos of police raids where the family dog, doing nothing more than barking at loud noises and strange people in their house, are shot (sometimes in front of children). Perhaps the SWAT teams who carry out these raids need to be held to a higher level of accountability for their actions. Too many wrong houses have had their doors busted in without any tangible consequences for the door busters.

Not cop bashing, but like I said, you're ignorant if you don't acknowledge the problem, so matter how small of the population of LEOs it constitutes.

Your post is accurate, there are some bad apples that are in law enforcement, but that is the same with any profession. The problem is that people tend to group all LEO's into the same category, alot of it is due to the MSM. They hardly ever have a story about a officer doing something good. And the stories that show questionable actions by LEO's dont tell all the facts, just what they think will make them more money.

If the officer in question is proven guilty of the charges, he deserves whatever punnishent he is given. But officers are no different than anyone else, he is innocent until proven guilty.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your post is accurate, there are some bad apples that are in law enforcement, but that is the same with any profession.

True, but a bad apple accountant or a bad apple cashier doesn't have the ability to take lives in the course of abusing the powers of their jobs. But you're right, innocent until proven guilty. And if it's all a misunderstanding and he was acting in self defense I hope he gets his job back and gets to put the whole thing behind him.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The MSM, as it currently stands, has one job: sell commercial time. Journalism is dead and gone from the MSM.
Stories about bad cops draw viewers, viewers equal ratings, ratings equal money.
Remember, 'If it bleeds, it leads". the axiom still holds true today.
Thank god for the internet.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
actually I did... just didn't pay very much attention ... ding ... ding ... ding

had zero problems with him saying :don't need no warrant motherxxxx" for he was invited in and needed no warrant.
do have problems with what he did afterwards ... if what his partner says is true.

You didn't listen to the clip, did you?

This.

To be specific, his partner stated that he pulled his weapon and placed it against the guys head.

The officer has been booked under charges of aggravated assault.

it's Ok.. I can take it ... don't dish it, if you can't take it

AZ just had to one up our Ersland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom