Another Questionable Shooting in Arizona

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does sound bad with what the other officer is alleging happened. But about the expletives, that isn't that big of a deal as most would think. You have to realize the difference in social circumstances. When an officer is dealing with someone that is throwing out MF that, F you, suck my ****, then sometimes the only way to get their attention is get onto the same level as they are. A friend of mine once was explaining it to me once, when he had drawn his handgun on someone, that just saying "Freeze Police" isn't good enough for some, you have to make them realize you are prepared to shoot and a millisecond from putting a bullet into their brain. It's a way to establish dominance in a rather uncivilized situation.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cops are heroes, but we're ignorant if we think there aren't bad apples out there who get some sort of powergasm by asserting their authority over what they see as denizens in their jurisdiction. The number of these bad apples is low compared to all the great officers out there, and it's a shame we don't hear more about the good apples on local news stations, which seem more interested in reporting blood spilling in the streets rather than the positive aspects of our communities. I have a good apple in the family who has gotten more awards for his service in his < 5 years of service than he'd ever admit.

But if what that officer's partner said was indeed true, and the man was shot and killed for no reason other than telling the officer he needed a warrant, murder charges need to be brought against him. And what's with all the dog killing? I've seen numerous videos of police raids where the family dog, doing nothing more than barking at loud noises and strange people in their house, are shot (sometimes in front of children). Perhaps the SWAT teams who carry out these raids need to be held to a higher level of accountability for their actions. Too many wrong houses have had their doors busted in without any tangible consequences for the door busters.

Not cop bashing, but like I said, you're ignorant if you don't acknowledge the problem, so matter how small of the population of LEOs it constitutes.

Well said. There is a big difference in posting "OMG all cops are JBTs" and "That wasn't right and that guy needs to be dealt with."

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
you know who is kind of forgotten in this whole deal.... his partner... i can't imagine the guilt he is dealing with, having to testify against your partner, thinking if maybe i had stepped in this wouldn't have happened.... his life is forever changed now because of what he is going through....

1911GI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you are all missing a VERY important fact here.
The partner..we can not trust a word the man says as he CLEARLY lied to the reporter, he said "This is the worst day of my life"
That is a lie.
To me he lost all credibility after saying that.

His whole statement to me is now suspect.
Now had he said "This is the worst day of my life"..."so far" I would believe him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom