Any Bright Ideas about a broken Gun Safe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was getting some stuff together to take to the gunshow and My Liberty Centurion safe will not open. I can put in the combo (dial) But the lugs will not engage. They put a stupid clutch on the handle so you can't force it open. Any ideas how to open it without destroying it?

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
did you tighten allen on bottom of handle?
then push in against door to make sure bolts don't have pressure against them?

get a bear safe...

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Try dialing the Combo 1 or 2 numbers off, may take a few attempts ...... that's what a Gunsmith will do first ........ Sloppy locks ...... Install a decent S&G lock after you get it open ..... Good Luck!

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try dialing the Combo 1 or 2 numbers off, may take a few attempts ...... that's what a Gunsmith will do first ........ Sloppy locks ...... Install a decent S&G lock after you get it open ..... Good Luck!

I have the same safe, and I had this problem. I paid a locksmith 50 bucks to reset the thing once I got it opened.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, put in your combo and wiggle the handle rapidly back and forth

sometimes this would cause the combo to "drop" into position freeing the lock\

my safe would open in this manner for months before almost totally gettting out of alignment

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Your combo has probably become a little loose over time, like said above try a few numbers either way a few times. I used to work for a large security company that operated banking equipment and you would be suprised how many old safes that had been shut for years upon years that I opened this way. Of course after opening you need to get it reset by a competent locksmith. If you are unable to get it open through conventional means you may have to drill the lock, in that case you'll need to have the door welded shut afterwards and a quality combo installed. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom