Any Bright Ideas about a broken Gun Safe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got my safe open. After talking to technical support we figured that the "relocker" popped and there is no way to open the safe short of drilling it. I had to lay the safe flat on its back, drill a hole in the bottom through the door and unluck it with a four foot steel rod. What a pain in the neck. Thanks all for the input and help

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
did you have to still put in the combo? Can this be done to defeat the safe? Did any of your guns get banged around??? I have some nice wood guns, and the thought of laying my safe over makes me sick!

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fortunately there were only some of my older guns, and we layed it down very gently, so no damage. The cause of the trouble was a very small screw on the back of the dial assembly stripped out. It held the plate that locked the relocker in place. I think that normally the relocker only pops when someone tries to force the door. I was almost ready to cut the safe open with a carbide bit, glad I didn't

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Even being rough with the door can trip a re-locker. You can disable them, but they are there to make the safe harder (more time) to get into. If the lock was an issue, you get usually get a quality S&G on eBay at decent prices. Get it bolted down!!

Good luck,

Alan

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The screw that fell out supported the pin on the relocker. I just tapped the hole, put in a larger screw, reset the relocker and all is good, except a hole in the bottom of my safe, I'm just gonna epoxy it and use the safe

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

The screw that fell out supported the pin on the relocker. I just tapped the hole, put in a larger screw, reset the relocker and all is good,

Use some blue/red loctite!!!

except a hole in the bottom of my safe, I'm just gonna epoxy it and use the safe

Bolt it down and the hole on the bottom will be inaccessible!!!

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom