Any Drone pilots on here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd try the app that was before P4 if you haven't even though it doesn't list yours. I saw something about it in some comments. I spent two days pouring over websites and reading every comment I could from owners. So this looks familiar too. Big snafu with the upgrade and they said customer service wasn't up to par.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd try the app that was before P4 if you haven't even though it doesn't list yours. I saw something about it in some comments. I spent two days pouring over websites and reading every comment I could from owners. So this looks familiar too. Big snafu with the upgrade and they said customer service wasn't up to par.
Thanks and I have spent lots of time researching. I'd like to here from someone who is using this drone.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently acquired a Phantom 3, 4K that does everything you are wanting. I have flown it as high as a couple thousand feet, and out about a half mile, but hear tell 3/4 of a mile is still within range. I just haven't pushed it that far as I do not want to lose it in a wooded area. I might take it out on a freshly cut wheat field here in a few weeks so that if it loses signal and goes down, I'll be able to locate it. Nice thing about the Phantoms is that if you lose signal, lose battery, or just don't want to try landing it yourself, it will land safely on its own.

I had never owned or even flown a drone before, but flying this one is simple. With the carbon props, it is very stable in the air and will hold steady in one position, even in moderate wind. I haven't got all of the camera capabilities figured out yet, but have used it enough to be able to get overhead/aerial views. I plan on using it to scout some new hunting properties soon. The batteries have about a 23 min charge, which sounds like a lot until you fly it a few times and run out of flight time. I plan on getting a couple extra batteries soon.
Are you having any issues with the DJI GO app? I cant get it to let me activate my drone and I read a ton of bad reviews about this very issue and others like the app crashing. Customer support is terrible and now I have a $400 drone I cant fly because the app sucks balls. FML

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hen did you update the app? I haven't even used my drone for 2-3 weeks, so wondering if I'll have issues next time I update and try to use it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hen did you update the app? I haven't even used my drone for 2-3 weeks, so wondering if I'll have issues next time I update and try to use it.
Didnt update anything, just downloaded it. They say my Motorola is the issue. They gave me a list of devices to use.
Echat20170620123816 (1).png

Latest posts

Top Bottom