Any golfers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody an avid golfer? Just moved back to OKC and looking for some course recommendations. I grew up playing Conrad and Choctaw Creek which are mediocre, I guess. I was fortunate enough to play Oak Tree some in my teens but don't care to pay outrageous green fees. What courses do you guys like and what are some good ones worth visiting statewide?

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Trosper. Earlywine North is a favorite also. Belmar is good, but your gonna pay to play their. Jimmie Austin at OU is great, a real challenge, but again it ain't cheap. Trosper and Jimmie Austin are my favorites.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to live close to Kickingbird in Edmond back in the late 80's and early 90's, I use to play alot there. Now, I don't even know the condition of the course or who the greenskeeper or head pro is.

Not OKC, but I played Chandler a ton...grew up there. Only a 9 hole, but it's quiet, cheap, and a nice view of the old lake.
Stroud has or had one. I barely remember playing one in Perkins..can't remember the name. You may not want to drive that far.

Haven't played in a year or so and I need to make sure my nephew hasn't "borrowed" my clubs on a permanent basis!!!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't hang onto the sticks anymore. Uncle Arthur moved in. But I played all the courses in a 30 mile radius of Shawnee and most of the Tulsa public courses. Most are decent. Funest was I think Holdenville, sand/hardpack greens.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to play, not love to play. Way too many hobbies.
I like the courses at Blackwell, and Fairfax. The #3 hole at fairfax has a pond on it. We have stopped by and caught/released some bass, while letting others play through. They don't care. LoL!

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot about Fairfax. You got to go to Fairfax. The drive to the clubhouse is Oklahoma's version of the drive to Augusta National. Your gonna have to rent a cart, it is a heck of a walk form green to tee. It's a top ten favorite of mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom