Any good reviews or anything on the new diamondback db9?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can keep a good grip and stick to the recommended ammo most seem to work. I think a lot of the problems are limp wristing it due to how small it is. Mine has been good but I dont have many rounds through it.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can keep a good grip and stick to the recommended ammo most seem to work. I think a lot of the problems are limp wristing it due to how small it is. Mine has been good but I dont have many rounds through it.

I saw a couple of videos on Youtube, on one the slide was coming off the frame, I think another one had a blown barrel but I could be wrong on the source on this. I read some opinions on firearms forums. I think the factory right now has a warning on the use of some ammo they consider too hard on the gun.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a couple of videos on Youtube, on one the slide was coming off the frame, I think another one had a blown barrel but I could be wrong on the source on this. I read some opinions on firearms forums. I think the factory right now has a warning on the use of some ammo they consider too hard on the gun.

Diamondback has always said to not fire +P in the DB9. The YouTube video on the exploded barrel is misleading IMO. I would wager that the idiot that blew up the barrel was using more than the +P ammo he claimed, probably +P+. Or he purposely obstructed the bore.

TKNO1015s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have not had any issues with mine, like was previously mentioned, you do have to break them in. Might be just a touch heavy on the recoil but also have to consider a 9mm in such a light frame. Overall, no complaints and it does what I need it to do.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with mine but have only put about 50rds. through it. They run about $100 higher than than the Kel-Tec PF9 and $20 higher than the Ruger LC9. I believe that all 3 are good choices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom