Any home brewers here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the past few months I've found another hobby as addicting as firearms, brewing my own beer. The worst beer I have made tastes 10x better than the best commercial brew I have had in my opinion. I currently have a strawberry rhubarb wheat beer fermenting as my first fruit addition to my beers.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do! It is something me and a buddy have wanted to do for a long time. We finally started back in Nov. of last year. Our first was an American Pale Ale that we thought was great! We started our second brew last Sunday. It's an IPA that we dry hopped in the second stage fermentation. It is already smelling like a winner and still has 2 weeks in the second stage before we bottle.

It is a lot of fun and for us, a great excuse to get together every week to hang out drink beer and make beer.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do! It is something me and a buddy have wanted to do for a long time. We finally started back in Nov. of last year. Our first was an American Pale Ale that we thought was great! We started our second brew last Sunday. It's an IPA that we dry hopped in the second stage fermentation. It is already smelling like a winner and still has 2 weeks in the second stage before we bottle.

It is a lot of fun and for us, a great excuse to get together every week to hang out drink beer and make beer.

My brother is the one who got me into it, he wanted me to split the cost of the equipment with him so i did. After 2 batches i went out and got the rest of the stuff i would need to brew my own at home instead of going to his place to make it. I still brew with him but i also brew at home (i just put together a 2 tap "keezer" and going to outfit it with a 3rd as soon as i get another ball lock keg. Its easy to do, and hard to mess up from what ive noticed. I have brewed an american wheat(bottled), irish red ale (on tap), American cream ale (on tap) and an american wheat (bottled). I have a porter fermenting (week 2 at FG already just waiting for the yeast to clean up after itself) and an American wheat I have added 2 LBS rhubarb and 4LBS strawberry to, i cant wait to try this one.

ETA:

Attachments

• image-2188625114.jpg
    image-2188625114.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 96

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bottled 5 gallons (in quarts) An India Black Ale, darkest one yet. Lookin for a small fridge on CL to get into kegging. I can't buy ANYTHING in a liquor store that tastes as good as what I brew. And when you start drinking homebrew you can tell liquor store beer is watered down, least it seams that way. Bought a wheat beer this weekend that was totally flavorless. Gotta start kegging so I can quit buying junk.

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard the stainless CO2 canisters used in fountain drink machines can be used in brewing, is that true?

yes, pin lock (coke), ball lock (pepsi), Learn to Brew in Moore, Ok, has what I need, gotta go to keg cause I can't brew it and bottle condition faster than I can drink it. 7 weeks Vs. 3..maybe.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bottled 5 gallons (in quarts) An India Black Ale, darkest one yet. Lookin for a small fridge on CL to get into kegging. I can't buy ANYTHING in a liquor store that tastes as good as what I brew. And when you start drinking homebrew you can tell liquor store beer is watered down, least it seams that way. Bought a wheat beer this weekend that was totally flavorless. Gotta start kegging so I can quit buying junk.

You should look at the igloo chest freezers that are on sale at best buy. I went with the 7.2 cf. I can fit 3-5 gal kegs and a carboy and co2 inside it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom