Any Horse or Cattle People?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m slowly getting into the Western reining and cutting horse world,
If you’re already getting into it, I’m sure that you know it’s a more expensive hobby than guns/shooting. When things slow down in life, I’ve considered getting into the cutting horse world. I just don’t have the time right now. I ride pretty often, and I’ve trained quite a few animals for driving (horses, mules, zonkeys, and zorses). Maybe we could try to put together a trail ride and shoot for all the members that ride.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a donkey!
29E1AD17-5B61-47B1-89B7-20BCA00DD515.jpeg

Mammoth donkey vs. miniature donkey. They’re both about the same age. The guy in the pic was a buddy of mine that passed away a couple of years ago.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mammoth donkey vs. miniature donkey. They’re both about the same age. The guy in the pic was a buddy of mine that passed away a couple of years ago.

I got mine through abandonment. We bought a neighboring place and the dude left the donkey and 4 horses. I gave the horses away to a friend, but can't bear to part with Mr. Nibs (donk). He's become a staple here in the holler, everyone loves him.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got mine through abandonment. We bought a neighboring place and the dude left the donkey and 4 horses. I gave the horses away to a friend, but can't bear to part with Mr. Nibs (donk). He's become a staple here in the holler, everyone loves him.
Unfortunately, it’s way to common for abandoned donkeys. They’re great animals. Good protectors and good personalities if they feel comfortable in their environment. Sounds like Mr Nibs is a lucky guy.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it’s way to common for abandoned donkeys. They’re great animals. Good protectors and good personalities if they feel comfortable in their environment. Sounds like Mr Nibs is a lucky guy.

He's well-loved! I need to get a gal pal for him.

Last edited:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I’m still relatively new here; I see hunting and fishing are pretty popular topics, but I was wondering how many of you are Western riding/equestrian/rodeo/cattle enthusiasts? I just feel like there should be more discussion given this forum is for Oklahoma... 😂

For starters, I’m not a big rodeo fan but I’m slowly getting into the Western reining and cutting horse world, and cattle breeding (though I don’t actually own any of my own cattle).
Love rodeo, horses and cattle. Haven’t lived in a farm/ranch since I was a kid, it my mothers home sat on a quarter section. It was nice to be able to shoot or pee in any direction and dirt roads and ranches you start driving farm eqp and farm trucks at 9. Sumner, Oklahoma, we t to high school in Morrison, Ok.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
@Peter1861 i used to ride a lot as a kid and we used to punch cows for about a decade. My parents horses have finally all passed away and the last one they had finally got sold the other day.

I do have my saddle I need gotten rid of if I can make myself sell it. Maybe you or someone you know is interested.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great for cattle ranchers, they are hell on coyotes
my neighbor thought he had a coyote problem killing baby calves so he got a donkey but the coyote problem persisted and got a little worse so he got another donkey. after a few years he was still loosing calves and i will admit that the coyotes were pretty thick around his place eating all of the baby calves that the donkeys were killing. i had cows across the fence and didn't have a problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom