Any idea the value of this surefire bag of goodies ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadof#4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put this in layaway at a pawnshop. I've never seen one like this. I have several surefire weapons light and flashlights. Anyone ever seen one of these and possibly the value of it ?
20230901_150812.jpg
20230901_150751.jpg
20230901_150846.jpg
20230901_150755.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like the fat body Surefire Millennium m961, or one of its many cousins. It is likely a halogen bulb, comes with 2 extra bulbs most likely, maybe Xeon. If I remember right its 80-120ish lumen output. With halogen it burns through 3 cr123's in 30-45 minutes. Looks like it comes with with an aftermarket mount, which if it fits the old bodies, it wont fit new surefire lights without modification. last one I saw sold on ebay went for $80. If the batteries are good, they're about a buck each, I don't think the lens covers fit anything else without modification (they are nice though), the tail cap doesn't fit modern light bodies, it looks like the tape switch is missing ($60ish if you want another). Extra bulbs are $20ish. You can buy these off ebay for $150-250 or so. They're not bad lights just a little dated now.

If you wanna buy it and swap it over to LED, I suggest looking at Malkoff devices for the conversion. Very high quality. My only complaint is that you have to swap the head out and you cant use to lens covers anymore. Also changes the look a bit.

https://malkoffdevices.com/products/copy-of-malkoff-mdm4-surefire-millenium-adapter
If you wanna go that route though, I suggest we chat about buying mine. Has bag/lenses/bulbs/etc, mostly complete. I've debated selling, and I'm still on the fence. But with everything including the tape switch and malkoff conversion I would likely let it go for $275. $375 with a NIB Unity tactical surefire switch thrown in.

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
961 kit. This would be a full kit issued to a squad or something or a spares kit- multiple heads and IR filters. They were issued to various personnel but mostly SOF - Leathernecks and Army got some too. That one has the single set of fins.
I see them as a just a light with base accessories from $100-$250 depending on what they have. That kit is easy north of $300...maybe $500 (nobody here though). $300 would probably move it.

This one has two sets of fins and came with a click switch, pressure pad, and spare bulb in a white box. Same base light just different stuff and no spares like that. Mount is the same. ARMS was the primary mount supplier for these lights (requirements thing).
IMG_9453.jpeg

Dadof#4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like the fat body Surefire Millennium m961, or one of its many cousins. It is likely a halogen bulb, comes with 2 extra bulbs most likely, maybe Xeon. If I remember right its 80-120ish lumen output. With halogen it burns through 3 cr123's in 30-45 minutes. Looks like it comes with with an aftermarket mount, which if it fits the old bodies, it wont fit new surefire lights without modification. last one I saw sold on ebay went for $80. If the batteries are good, they're about a buck each, I don't think the lens covers fit anything else without modification (they are nice though), the tail cap doesn't fit modern light bodies, it looks like the tape switch is missing ($60ish if you want another). Extra bulbs are $20ish. You can buy these off ebay for $150-250 or so. They're not bad lights just a little dated now.

If you wanna buy it and swap it over to LED, I suggest looking at Malkoff devices for the conversion. Very high quality. My only complaint is that you have to swap the head out and you cant use to lens covers anymore. Also changes the look a bit.

https://malkoffdevices.com/products/copy-of-malkoff-mdm4-surefire-millenium-adapter
If you wanna go that route though, I suggest we chat about buying mine. Has bag/lenses/bulbs/etc, mostly complete. I've debated selling, and I'm still on the fence. But with everything including the tape switch and malkoff conversion I would likely let it go for $275. $375 with a NIB Unity tactical surefire switch thrown in.
Thank you for all the information! I payed 119.00 for it,tax in. I'm a sucker for surefire.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Good price. Just a follow up, The whole kit is selling on ebay for $250-$300. There's a buyitnow for $280.

To add to @HoLeChit 's post, the bulbs are 9V - hence the three 123s. So if you get a new LED head, make sure it's for the 9V. Lumens Factory has direct replacements plus kits and spanner to convert the one you have.

Surefire "M series"
https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product.php?cid=14

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom