Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had one of these when they first came out, but had to sell it when things got rough... But finally found one in the wild and picked it up today. My left handed Ruger GSR Scout rifle in .308 with a vortex scout scope. I'm a happy man today

IMG_20230311_153740_Bokeh.jpg

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the scope in for the b14r I bought out of the osa classifieds. Some of y’all might remember it came with an optic that didn’t seem fitting. I was going to put a Vortex Venom 5-25 on it. I’ve been a vortex consumer for the last several years but decided to give Arken a chance this time. I can’t even guess how many reviews I read and hours I spent on YouTube before pulling the trigger. I ran google hard while trying to determine ring height and the majority said to go with Arkens mediums. Well I’m not liking it so I ordered lows today. I had considered ordering both and should’ve gone with my gut. These mediums are 1.26” and lows are .92” so the lows should be perfect. Had Arken rewards points from the scope order so low rings are only costing me the $10 for shipping. I ordered the scope Feb 25 while site said 2-4 week lead time and it arrived today.
38704809-84D9-429F-B4E2-25AA5572696E.jpeg
6332D925-D3D2-4C7C-A47F-0EE3B1C8725E.jpeg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I know Venom does but that sh*t blows up I hear. lol
Everyone's got a cheap ammo failure story or nightmare on the internet...must be true. ha

I've tried the following and even some remans and never had an issue.
BPS
ZSR
Freedom Munitions - new and reman
Maxx Tech
Sasquatch - reman

A couple other off brands I don't recall that were ordered from Freedom and Mass Ammo and the like.
There was a time when everyone sh*ttalked PMC and Armscor ammo too, now people think it's awesome.

Last edited:

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I broke my hip and had it replaced in January. Can't stand pants that are too tight around the waist, let alone have a belt on, so I am using suspenders. That eliminates all of my holsters. Just received a Denali Chest Holster in nylon from Diamond D Outdoors, which is the same folks that that make the leather version (Diamond D Custom leather). It was about 1/2 the price of the leather--I didn't want to spend $200 for a leather one not knowing if I'd like a chest rig or not. It seems to fit well, and rides well on my body. I've got my Wesson in it right now so that it starts to loosen up a bit.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I broke my hip and had it replaced in January. Can't stand pants that are too tight around the waist, let alone have a belt on, so I am using suspenders. That eliminates all of my holsters. Just received a Denali Chest Holster in nylon from Diamond D Outdoors, which is the same folks that that make the leather version (Diamond D Custom leather). It was about 1/2 the price of the leather--I didn't want to spend $200 for a leather one not knowing if I'd like a chest rig or not. It seems to fit well, and rides well on my body. I've got my Wesson in it right now so that it starts to loosen up a bit.

Let’s see it. I am headed towards one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom