Should all bicyclists be cited

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Well ,I know what you mean but... There are way more motorized vehicles on the road who need policing as well. I do not know who told ten wheelers, box trucks and delivery vans that laws are just a suggestion for them.
Constantly running lights, switching lanes with no warning and obstructing traffic in no parking zones ......... I get they have a job to do but it does not give you a pass for driving like no one else is there.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for disobeying traffic violations?
Who’s going to police it

The fuzz has a hard time controlling their own house much less the motorists who are far more a real danger than a pesky cyclist that some might consider an irritant
— let’s put a few troopers downtown during the week to discourage jaywalking too though

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as they don’t run over geese I don’t care.

Back on subject. Riding my motorcycle on Oklahoman roads can be scary as hell.
I gave up my motorcycle due to Oklahoma drivers. I survived the first brush with death and came inches from a second. I sold everything but my riding jacket and the shirt I was wearing from incident one.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s see, Comanche County is 1069.3 square miles and has a population of around 122,000 people. From a personal conversation I had with a deputy sheriff when our church was robbed there are only 4 sheriffs on duty at any given moment. That’s 267 square miles to be patrolled per sheriff’s deputy…….I think they have way more important things to do then pull over Joe C for riding his recumbent 12” over the bike lane on Hwy 58. Situation may be different in your area but here in SW Oklahoma it doesn’t make much sense.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as they don’t run over geese I don’t care.

Back on subject. Riding my motorcycle on Oklahoman roads can be scary as hell.
Wife has been on my ass to get another Harley. When we met, I had a 1985 Road King. Since we moved to Florida, the traffic is a mess here. If I were to get another one, it would be an Ultra Classic.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
If memory serves, the Oklahoma Driver's Education manual back in the mid-'70s when I got my license stated that all "wheeled vehicles" that were legal on the street, must obey all traffic laws.

Latest posts

Top Bottom