Anybody here use Starlink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
speed 100 mbs down and 20 mbs up.

For comparison when I was in Bixby, this was my "high speed" wired internet. I forget the provider.

received_1289346961508976.jpeg

Fro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I highly recommend Starlink. We can run a dozen devices at a time without any issues. It will lose signal during a heavy rainstorm but it has to be really dark and heavy. I think the longest I lost signal was maybe three or four minutes.
You will need a pipe that’s 1 1/2“ to 2“ to mount it on. Or buy one of the Starlink mounts. I used a short length of 2” pipe on the same pole my satellite dish used to be mounted on.
You also need to order a Starlink cable that is long enouth.
It will come with a short portable tripod stand and a 25 foot long cable.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They now come with a 50' cable (according to the website) so if it goes in the spot I want, I'll be A-OK. If not I'm gonna need the 150' cable and a way to get on top of my windmill tower. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, though.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put in a $100 deposit more than a year ago. I haven't heard anything back from them.

I think part of it is usage density. In areas where there's tons of users that limit it until they get more satellites up to handle everyone and not overload the system in that area.

When I got here to Nebraska, it was "coming soon" but now shows available so I guess they're making progress.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out taking care of the cows after dark when they were launching those things. I hadn’t heard anything about them and got flipped smooth out. I watched several bright lights suddenly string out in attack formation. Got the best tin foil out of the drawer and rolled up a right smart tricorn and then started stuffing mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom