anybody seen the remmington 1911?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i saw one at dongs the other day and just out of interest i asked to see it. wasnt that impressed, and to top it off the grip safety did not work. i thought the safety was not out far enough and sure enough i checked the chamber and then dry fired it without the safety pressed and sure enough the hammer fell. better work on that. i know some people deactivate it but as a new gun i think it should work.

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I handled one this week and wasn't super impressed. Finish was alright, obviously cast frame (not saying that's a bad thing in any way), didn't really care for the stainless trigger and barrel bushing, 80 series style firing pin safety. Side by side it was on par with the Turkish Regent next to it, and the price was pretty close as well.

This would be a cool addition to a Remington collection, and it is cool to see a brand new Remington branded handgun. The roll mark on the slide was actually pretty cool, but the "1911R1" with the cursive R was a little much.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot one in June in North Carolina where they were first introduced to the public. It shot well and everything worked. I just couldn't figure out why they would offer a very basic "GI type" 1911 that wasn't a direct copy of a GI 1911 or 1911A1. If you're going to deviate from the original, at least put some goodies on it like an undercut trigger guard, extended manual safety and beavertail grip safety!

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot one in June in North Carolina where they were first introduced to the public. It shot well and everything worked. I just couldn't figure out why they would offer a very basic "GI type" 1911 that wasn't a direct copy of a GI 1911 or 1911A1. If you're going to deviate from the original, at least put some goodies on it like an undercut trigger guard, extended manual safety and beavertail grip safety!

Exactly.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for the 5 or 600 bucks there costing and then another few hundred in custom parts and smithing you may have a pretty sweet gun. Now lets just see how the masses accept another sub par/baseline 1911.

Latest posts

Top Bottom