Anyone bought sod lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a spot next to the house that we recently had scrape off the top layer of soil, and I need to lay some new sod. Any suggestions on a good place to buy in the OKC/Edmond area? How much does it cost per Sqft/Sqyd?

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a spot next to the house that we recently had scrape off the top layer of soil, and I need to lay some new sod. Any suggestions on a good place to buy in the OKC/Edmond area? How much does it cost per Sqft/Sqyd?

The last time I bought sod, the best place I found was on the broadway extension service road, somewhere around Brittan or Hefner. I don't remember the cost, but they were the cheapest around.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How deep was it scraped? If it wasn't past the bottom root level water and fertilize it good. It will fill in a lot cheaper and less work than rolling out a bunch of sod. How big of an area?

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easton Sod farm is the place you are talking about ont he broadway ext. They ahve great sod grown in Bixby I think. I just bought some U3 burmuda and it was $5.00 a roll. Seems they were 1 1/2 foot wide and 8 feet long. I always get my sod there becaause of the good quality. not sure they are the cheapest however. Make sure you call to see when they get a fresh shipment in from the Tulsa area. Seems like it is 1:00pm or so most afternoons.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We scraped off about 6 to 8 inches of topsoil, and the area was approx. 20ft x 4ft. I could put down some seed, but we have dogs that love to dig in freshly dug up dirt. Thought sod might be an easy way to cover it, but didn't know what to expect cost wise.

FakeHuman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easton Sod farm is the place you are talking about ont he broadway ext. They ahve great sod grown in Bixby I think. I just bought some U3 burmuda and it was $5.00 a roll. Seems they were 1 1/2 foot wide and 8 feet long. I always get my sod there becaause of the good quality. not sure they are the cheapest however. Make sure you call to see when they get a fresh shipment in from the Tulsa area. Seems like it is 1:00pm or so most afternoons.

Thanks for the info, that's cheaper than I thought it would be.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We scraped off about 6 to 8 inches of topsoil, and the area was approx. 20ft x 4ft. I could put down some seed, but we have dogs that love to dig in freshly dug up dirt. Thought sod might be an easy way to cover it, but didn't know what to expect cost wise.
Yes that is probably going to be deep enough you will need to sprig, seed, or sod. I know sod really went up in cost last year during the drought. (western part of the state) Sod fields that weren't irrigated were useless.
However, if unroll it yourself sod is only $5/ roll get some sod a 30 pack and burgers. Invite a couple buddies over and no more than is, you won't even break a sweat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom