anyone carry a makarov?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OicnaiC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cut off the lanyard loop and sanded them down. Hand sanded mostly but can rough sand with a dremel (careful, easy to sand too much). Just need to sand past the checkers and star. Then polished with a dremel. My Dad made a bunch when Maks were still cheap and you couldn't hardly give away those grips.

Also, they are quite a bit darker than the pic because of the flash. They're about the same as CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin's.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cut off the lanyard loop and sanded them down. Hand sanded mostly but can rough sand with a dremel (careful, easy to sand too much). Just need to sand past the checkers and star. Then polished with a dremel. My Dad made a bunch when Maks were still cheap and you couldn't hardly give away those grips.

Also, they are quite a bit darker than the pic because of the flash. They're about the same as CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin's.

Those would have looked awesome if you had left just the star. But they are still really nice.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Factory grips arent a problem. You're probably referring to the width of the Pierce grips which are substantially thicker. Removing the checkering probably only reduced the width an 1/8 or less.

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bakelite comes in many different colors contrasts.

As shown by your Bakelite AK grip in classifieds? Lol. I meant I have only ever seen bakelite makarov grips as the same shade. But I assume Bootleggn knows what he is talking about this one time. He does a ****load of googling.

Bakelite AK47 Pistol Grip

[Broken External Image]

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As shown by your Bakelite AK grip in classifieds? Lol. I meant I have only ever seen bakelite makarov grips as the same shade. But I assume Bootleggn knows what he is talking about this one time. He does a ****load of googling.

[Broken External Image]

This is fun from Wiki on Bakelite:
Soviet heatshields for ICBM warheads and spacecraft reentry consisted of asbestos textolite impregnated with bakelite

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

[Broken External Image]

Damn that's a great looking grip. Somebody should buy it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom