Anyone else at Academy again this am?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been since the start of this insanity.
People going in and hoarding everything on the shelf is exactly what is causing the shortage.

I've avoided all the craziness since the post school shooting Obama speech. Guess I didn't realize it was that bad. I haven't bought ammo off a shelf in years though. Internet is just too easy.

Blewis11

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I showed up at Academy in Edmond at 10 till 8, there was a line 20 people long. I went back at 9:30, already sold out of all AR's they got in last night and all 223/5.56 ammo (including tracers and high dollar stuff like federal match and hornady).

Its a little funny because maybe 5 or 6 people in line looked like hunters or guys I see at gun shows. Everybody else didn't look like they had evey seen or handled a weapon (I know I'm being judgmental, sorry for that). I hope this ban doesn't happen not only because its a constitutional right they are attempting to limit and the fact that it won't deter crime, but also because I want these suckers who are buying guns looking to make a quick buck that have no desire to shoot them get hung with a gun that isn't worth as much as they paid for it and end up selling them for a huge loss.

BTW, I want our local gun dealers to make money right now, just these idiots coming out of the woodwork that could care less if they ever shoot a gun I want them to lose their shirts.

centraloklahoma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
12-28-12 Friday

I was at the Academy in NORMAN OK at 10:00 AM.

They had the following ammo: (Sorry if I left your favorite cal out)

.22LR they had about 20 buckets of Remington bulk pack I 'think" 550 round. No price listed
.22LR Federal 38 grain copper plated hollow point $3.99 each 50 round box SIX BOXES ONLY
.22 LR nothing else on the shelf.
.22 MAG Several 50 and 100 round boxes maybe total of 18 boxes. various $$
9mm Winchester NATO Ball 124 FMJ About 20 boxes $15.- each
9mm Speer 115 FMJ About 20 boxes $14.- each
9mm Other various 25 round boxes (About 10 boxes) $25.- each
40 cal. Various about 15 boxes $16.- to $24
45 ACP about 30 Boxes both ball and JHP
30-30 (Just saying) Remington 170 grain Cre Lokt $15.- per box (about 15 boxes left)
30-06 Had quite a bit 20 plus boxes all high dollar stuff $25- and up
Various 12 Gage 5 round 00 buck and one once slugs, various birdshot.
NO 308 (7.62)
NO .223 (5.56)
NO 7.62 X 39
NO AR'S
NO Mini 14's
NO 10/22's
NO high caps.

The 4-5 guys behind the gun counter were bar code stickering a Taurus handgun that had come in on "the big truck". One guy commented the buying was all "Future Speculation".

They said no more ammo was available not already on the shelves.

centraloklahoma

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've avoided all the craziness since the post school shooting Obama speech. Guess I didn't realize it was that bad. I haven't bought ammo off a shelf in years though. Internet is just too easy.

Not to easy find it online any more either.

My whole family likes to shoot 22's, we stock up every chance we can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom