Anyone have any experience with CZ 527

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owlcreekok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked for years for a "Mini Mauser". Hen's teef as it turned out. Ended up finding a CZ527 Varmint in .223 (1:9) laying unloved in a small shop in West Virginia. Close enough to a Mauser for me (wink). I shot it thru break in at 100, then it got so boring making 3/8" holes at 100, I went to 200. I have a fixed Weaver 6x on it, and old man eyes behind it. Best I can get at 200 is an inch.

Darn furrin rifles anyhoo !!!!!!!!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope no one minds if I bring this thread back.

I have two, one in 223 and the other in 7.62x39. I love them. One negative that has already been touched upon is that the magazines are pricey and that is true, but as of now, they are available. another perhaps legitimate gripe is that the magazines extend too far below the stock, but this has never bothered me, as I have big hands.

They are lightweight, handy and reliable. From a rest, they seem to be fairly accurate, and my rifle shooting is improving thanks to these two and my Ruger GSR.

I don't think that very many would be disappointed in the 527. I certainly was not.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope no one minds if I bring this thread back.

I have two, one in 223 and the other in 7.62x39. I love them. One negative that has already been touched upon is that the magazines are pricey and that is true, but as of now, they are available. another perhaps legitimate gripe is that the magazines extend too far below the stock, but this has never bothered me, as I have big hands.

They are lightweight, handy and reliable. From a rest, they seem to be fairly accurate, and my rifle shooting is improving thanks to these two and my Ruger GSR.

I don't think that very many would be disappointed in the 527. I certainly was not.
Kinda, sorta related to the thread topic, but a friend from Kansas came down today with his Ruger 556, and I shot my CZ527 in 223. I did much better with the CZ very likely because I was more familiar with it. Manually-operated arms definitely still have a place in the modern world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom