Anyone in the bug killin bizness?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The wife is tired of ants and earwigs. someone please help...
If someone came out and murdered a few bugs, she'd be happy again.
Serious though, If you know anyone that can give a one time treatment, I'd appreciate it.

ultimase

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly surprisingly not difficult to do yourself. Bifen from amazon or from other sources, get a hose sprayer that diluates as you spray, or a pump sprayer. I've been using a hand pump, but am thinking about picking up a hose sprayer to further get the mosquitos in the trees and fiddlebacks in the lawn. Only issue is that it's indiscriminate, ie it will kill mosquitos, but it will also kill bees. It's a fast killer and it's children and pet safe once dry. We had an ant problem but could never nail down a source but saw where they seemed to be frequenting, a few sprays and we haven't seen them since.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do it yourself. For less than the the price of a commercial pest control, you can buy your pesticide at domyownpestcontrol.com
Free shipping, no tax, and it gets here fast. Its the same stuff commercial pest control company's use.
I recently ordered a gallon of Demon Max to spray the yard and interior of the house with. Pet and kid friendly once dry. Its one of the few products that will also kill spiders inside and outside the home. Properly used it is also a commercial termite killer. Ants and earwigs are DRT using this stuff. You can order it in packets to use in a one gallon sprayer for just a few bucks. No measuring. Add the entire packet, which will dissolve into a sprayer and do the baseboards in the house, and outside go around the windows, doors, and any other points of possible entry. It has about a 2 week minimum residual effect and possibly even longer even if it gets rained on.
I've got a terrible tick infestation in the 4 acre yard, so I'm going to use the 3 point sprayer to take care of that issue, and a back pack sprayer to do the inside of the house.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was referenced this product from a friend and it works wonders.. It's a concentrate that you mix with water based off the instructions. It's available at tractor supply and costs $30 but that is enough to last you years. It is called Wisdom TC Flowable. I had the same issue with earwigs and they are no longer a problem. I use it in a 1.5 Gal pump sprayer.

Here is a link: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/wisdom-tc-flowable-insecticide-1-qt?cm_vc=-10005

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was referenced this product from a friend and it works wonders.. It's a concentrate that you mix with water based off the instructions. It's available at tractor supply and costs $30 but that is enough to last you years. It is called Wisdom TC Flowable. I had the same issue with earwigs and they are no longer a problem. I use it in a 1.5 Gal pump sprayer.

Here is a link: https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/wisdom-tc-flowable-insecticide-1-qt?cm_vc=-10005

This stuff is good. Similar stuff as Tempo for half the price. TS also has the Demon packets. As mentioned these will kill basically all bugs so watch out for the bees.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sprayed the Demon Max on the 4 acre yard yesterday morning.
Zero tick bites today. and as a side bonus, the red ant pile is done(that I've used big box stores chemical on to no avail), and the carpenter ants we used to see every where daily are not being seen now.
It has a progressive kill up to two weeks or longer.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bumping incase anyone else has anything to add.

I used some Diamastacious earth last year which seemed to help some with flea/tick. I will prob use that and also try the Wisdom TC Flowable also. I just have to make sure whatever I use is toddler and pet friendly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom