Anyone install truck shocks??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff3C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm needing some new shocks installed on my truck and the 4x4 shop wants $200 to install them. I thought that sounded high for 1.5-2 hour job. I don't want to do them myself because I don't feel like loosing my teeth with a rental spring compressor. I would pay someone here a reasonable amount or trade some hunting rights (turkey/coyotes). Anyone here do them?

Jeff3C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I should have given more details. It's a 2010 F150 Supercrew 4x4 and the shocks are Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks so the fronts have to be compressed quite a bit. The rears should be a piece of cake.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
honestly thats not too bad of a price? who qouted u that

its really not that bad at all, the shop i worked at charged $85 a hour labor and wouldn't do it if you had your own parts. if i had the ability to do it at home id do it at $150 but 1 its dang cold and 2 i try to avoid opening my tool box now lol:crying:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are the shocks inside the coils on that F150? If so those can be a bear to replace. On my Jeep with that style of setup (a pseudo coil over strut), I had to pull the battery and disassemble the strut (using a spring compressor as you mention), reassemble and reinstall. It's not rocket science but it is time consuming.

The rears take all of like, 10 minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom