anyone like the Glock 30?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 30, 30SF (short frame) and 30S all sport a 10-round mag. The 36 is the only single stack Glock and it's 6 + 1. The SF is .40 inches shorter than the 30 and 30S. Loaded, the 30S is 3.50 ounces lighter than the 30 or 30SF, at 30.160 oz. The 30S is a 30 frame married to a 36 slide, more or less. The only thing I don't like about the S is that it's only available in Gen 3 so far.

OK, rabbit trail done. Back on topic...

Looks like theyre going to phase out the g30 and keep the g30s....Now finding one might be ?????

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just got back from Durant, bought a Glock 30 SF from Top Dollar Pawn. They were out of .45 bullets. First Glock I've ever had, love the size of that bore. Gonna take it out of the case and mess with it. Raining outside, so I can't mow. Gonna strip this baby down...

Last edited:

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A G-30 SF is what you want, if you have to have a .45 ACP in a Glock 19/23 size package. Okay, its just a tad bigger. The Gen 3's spring system allow it to be quite controllable for repeat shots. It's suitably accurate and then some. It won't run well on much of anything other than ammo with a profile resembling a 230 gr RN. HP's in that weight/contour run great. Capacity is 10 + 1; a bunch in a small package. I can get a full grip on it, with the factory longer 10rd mags.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Sooner State Pawn last week and bought a G30 took it out last night and ran a couple hundred rounds through it. I never thought I would ever buy a Glock . After shooting it I love the little bugger. Recoil was not what I was expecting. Very accurate and I was able to get my big mitts on the grip and it was comfortable in my hand.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Went to Sooner State Pawn last week and bought a G30 took it out last night and ran a couple hundred rounds through it. I never thought I would ever buy a Glock . After shooting it I love the little bugger. Recoil was not what I was expecting. Very accurate and I was able to get my big mitts on the grip and it was comfortable in my hand.

I just noticed too, that the outer front of my trigger guard is canted inward, and has knurling on the outside front of it to aid the shooter if he wants to use the upper index finger to steady his aim. Too bad I aint got no ammo...

Latest posts

Top Bottom