Anyone order ammo from Goose Island?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kinda place requires a hunting license

I think all WMA areas in Okla require a hunting license to shoot. I know the one in Wagoner does.

Yes, Lurker is correct. Shooting ranges on public land are often on Wildlife Management Areas. A hunting license is required to shoot there. Kids under 16 are exempt from a hunting license.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still kinda new to Oklahoma how do you get a hunting license in Oklahoma, I had one in California and took the hunter safety course

If you are over a certain age you won't need the hunter safety course. I would have to read up on the specifics and also know your age to be able to fully answer your question. Www.wildlifedepartment.com will have a link to Hunting Regulations and FAQ's as well. You can also purchase your license online and print it off.

Simple answer if you are old enough you would go to a license retailer and purchase a hunting license. Wal Marts, Academy Sports, Bass Pro Shops and many bait shops are a license retailer. Keep in mind some of the retailers are not privy of the laws and license requirements.

For example, in March I had ran off from my house without getting a paddlefish permit online and printing it off. I stopped in at Academy in OKC on my way to Grand Lake. I asked if I could get a paddlefish permit and she told me I didn't need one. I said, yes I do. She said, no they are free and showed me where it said they are free in the paper regulations. I said, yes they are free, but I still need one in my possession to be legal and referred her to page 17. It took a bit to convince her and she still made a phone call, because she didn't believe me.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold some 550 boxes to a guy I did not know and then the guy at the shop i was at said he puts it online from a store in owasso, goose island was my assumption. That made me feel better for charging the guy double what I paid.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I sold some 550 boxes to a guy I did not know and then the guy at the shop i was at said he puts it online from a store in owasso, goose island was my assumption. That made me feel better for charging the guy double what I paid.

Was the guy a member here? This makes me not want to sell any to anyone I don't personally know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom