Anyone suffer from night sweats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For about the past month just about every night I wake up covered in sweat. Im not talking just a little. I mean soaked like I just walked out of the steam sauna wet. I keep it cold in my house. Low 70s at night with a celing fan and another fan blowing right over the bed. Ive looked on the internet and cant really find anything. Ive been thinking about going to the Doc but I dont have a regular one on as Im 27 and no health problems. Really it doesnt bother me that much but my wife is on me to get checked out. Anyone else experience this? Or have a Dr in the Edmond area they would recomened?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go through phases of it. Aside from being very uncomfortable and annoying, I live with it.

If you get any set of resolution, I'd sure like to know.

Good luck.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get them too, but know why. Could be a number of reasons, some are nothing, some are serious like cancer, endocarditis or medication reactions. May not be a bad idea to take your wife's advice and see a doctor.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope no kind of meds and ive just about cut out all the beer. maybe just one or two a week is all I drink anymore

Ah hah, thats the problem, down a sixer and go to bed. Kiddin folks. I get spells too, dont know why and probably not as bad as you explain but I would like a resolution myself.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get them too, but know why. Could be a number of reasons, some are nothing, some are serious, like flashbacks to being in a bilge on a boat, with a Senior Chief standing over you and your toothbrush, saying "That's it, get in there all nice and deep like!"

There, fixed it for ya!

In all seriousness though, I wake up sweating a lot of the time. I am my wife's heater. I can burn up in a blanket at anything above freezing temperatures, and at anything less I really just feel comfortable.

No meds for me, no health problems, I'm just hot :flamed: The only thing I can say for mine is that the better hydrated I am, the less it happens. Dunno what that actually means health wise though.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As someone has mentioned they can be benign and nothing to worry about which is probably the case at your age but they can be indicative of a certain serious health conditions. So if you have the means to go see a physician I would certainly get checked out. If it turns out to be nothing great. If it turns out to be something the quicker its caught the better.

Barrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any weight loss? Got a cough? Night sweats can be simple, or part of complex medical issue....TB....the big C....just saying. It will not 'go away' by not getting checked out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom