Anyone want my Pronghorn Doe Tag letter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doc

I suppose I could pull my letter out from back in 2003 and my Dad's letter from 2005 to prove that we were required to check in with Wildlife Dept officials at the Townsman Motel the afternoon before the hunt started. I could probably post a copy of the landowner permission slip from the Sharp ranch, I could post photos of the buck I killed the first afternoon and I could scan and post the carcass tag, but I really don't think that is necessary.

You are correct, I should have minded my own business and stayed out of this thread. It pisses me off that, by drawing this tag, you have kept someone who would really appreciate the hunt from going. It irritates me that you don't appreciate the opportunity you have been given. I find it unbelievable that you are foolish enough to claim that this hunt is not a "controlled hunt", even though you were awarded the tag through the "Oklahoma Controlled Hunt Drawing". I find it humorous that you aren't smart enough to read a hunt description and then want to blame the wildlife dept when the hunt isn't what you thought it was. And, I am still waiting for you to explain the "transferability rule" that "might" allow someone else to use your tag.

But, you are right, I should have remained quiet and let people make their own judgement about you.

I'll try to do better next time and let it slide when you say something incredibly stupid.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok here is the deal, both of you need to give it up.
Both of you have flamed the other or the op whether it was from back in the draw post or to the give away post.
Its done!
The name calling has reached a point where you both are losing their creditablility to carry on a discussion.
Discussion is what we do in the hunting/fishing forum.
I'm not pointing fingers at, nor judging anybody that has posted in this thread.

It has reached a point where it is done.
Those of us in the hunting/fishing forum have always prided ourselved in having discussions related to and leaving the name calling etc for the general forum.

Everybody back off and take a deep breath and lets get back to the discussion of who is going to get the most doves, and the biggest buck.

OK??

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both of you have flamed the other or the op whether it was from back in the draw post or to the give away post.
Its done!
The name calling has reached a point where you both are losing their creditablility to carry on a discussion.
I'm not pointing fingers at, nor judging anybody that has posted in this thread.

Those of us in the hunting/fishing forum have always prided ourselved in having discussions related to and leaving the name calling etc for the general forum.

Everybody back off and take a deep breath and lets get back to the discussion of who is going to get the most doves, and the biggest buck.

OK??

But I will miss the reminder of my old junior high days.:comfort:

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its done!

OK??

What Dennis said^^^^

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its done!

OK??

:clap3:

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was a solid 12 minutes of entertainment! Thanks for the funny read! Remember, The best way to get out of a pissing match, is to put your pecker up no matter how hard it is.

Sniper John

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was a wasted two minutes of my life scanning through those posts. All I will say is this advice. You have offered to transfer or give away a tag you can't legally transfer to anyone. Apparently so someone else can use it to appear to be legal if they kill a pronghorn. If that is true, you might want to rescend that offer considering you have just done so on a public forum. As well anyone that has taken you up on it might want to reconsider. That may not have been your intent, but it came off that way. I am sure there is at least one wildlife department employee reading these forums. For everyone else. Look at it this way. Perhaps some good has come from the thread in that others who have not read the hunt descriptions before applying will have been made aware of the difference in the Antelope draw from the other controlled hunts. With that maybe there will be some who now understand and will not be applying for future hunts thinking they are applying for a typical public land controlled hunt. Thus not taking away chances of a tag from those of us like me who have been trying to draw that lifetime tag for several years.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sniper John- I am well aware of the rule regarding the transferability of the subject antelope tag. I am also well known at ODWC from the director down the chain of comand. My request for the tag was an attempt to end this feud NOT an attempt to defraud the wildlife department. This feud was like 2 children arguing over who's toy they were going to play which got out of hand. Both need to stand down, cool off, and move forward like grown men.

Latest posts

Top Bottom