Anyone who plans to open carry ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you plan to open carry I suggest you visit the Open Carry forum and read through the threads.

There are lots of stories about people open carrying and the harassment they go through when being stopped by LEO.

It will make you rethink if it's really worth it.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I understand OK's law regarding this - the situation is simply that you must be approved have, by which I mean in your possession, your OK "CCL" unless you are on your own property. Is it a whole lot more complicated than that? I guess it will be important to make sure one understands how the law regards vehicle carry - e-i.e. is that off-property carry or is the car an extension of your home/castle (like in Georgia).

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exercising my RIGHTS are worth any hassle anyone gives me!!!
If a little negativity towards you or your actions is enough to make you abandon your rights, then you probably don't deserve them anyway.
***that comment isn't towards anyone directly (OP)***

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forum.php

Yes the law is very clear as so it is in other states. That doesn't mean the police know the open carry laws themselves. Some who do know the law still feel their right to feel safe around you trumps your constitutional rights. At that moment you are at their mercy.

I feel the same way about exercising my rights since I spent 10 years in the military I feel I earned my rights. When I do open carry it will be on a day that I'm sure I'm ready.

Before I was thinking I'll just open carry and life will be like normal. If you read the open carry forum you will see through others that the simple act is not welcomed by the public and the LEO.

I'm just saying be prepared to be confronted and don't take open carry lightly.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will depend on where you live. If you live in the metro, be prepared to be harassed. Even after years this has passed, there will be certain times and places that will almost guarantee that you will be harassed. If there's a public event like a parade or art festival, you're going to be lucky to take 2 steps near it without being harassed and even then you may be asked to leave and/or be arrested. If you live in historically crime prone areas or areas with a strong gang presence, open carry will most likely end up with you being disarmed, cuffed, and investigated before you're "clear to go." Such will be the reality when living in the city.

Now if you live on the outskirts of the metro, then you probably won't ever get harassed more than the occassional "Sir, may I please see your CCL."

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm somewhat concerned that I will be walking my dogs late at night as I always do and someone will call me in. "Pitbull" + 1911 just might be a calling all cars moment for BAPD. :D

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm somewhat concerned that I will be walking my dogs late at night as I always do and someone will call me in. "Pitbull" + 1911 just might be a calling all cars moment for BAPD. :D

That's what you get for having those killing machines, both the dogs and guns!!!

Call me, I will bring mine along too.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom