ar 15 feed issue any help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekdkdk1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
before the obama recent craze rush on ar 15. i had bought two used ar's.. one of them is fine. it was really dirty. tore it down and cleaned. the other had a extractor spring missing and another small part.. i bought the parts needed cleaned and put the riffle back together. now here comes the problem. once together i cock the riffle and release pull the trigger everything is fine.. do this 4 or 5 times. everything seems great..
but when i place a magazine in the riffle and try to cock it. it acts like it is catching something cause it to jam.. i remove the magazine everything works great. so i thought perhaps the mag. try three or four other mags. they all do the same thing. so i open up my other 2 ar's to see if i can see anything different. nope. i even try to swap out the bolts between the riffles. nothing changes. at this point the only thing i can think of is maybe my mag release is bent causing to allow the mag to slide higher than it normally would? ( this may be a very stupid or impossible chance) so i reach out to my osa family of friends and ask you.. any idea's?

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Release the bolt on an empty mag by depressing the mag release catch button,
left side of the upper receiver?

Has anyone dropped the hammer with the upper off the lower?
I think your on to something although I've never had this problem.

ekdkdk1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i have tried a pmag. it does not matter what the mag is. if there is a magazine in the gun. you can not pull back the cocking handle..i plan on taking it to honey bee. once he gets moved here to okc. just did not know if it was something simple i was over looking..

everything seems to be releasing fine. and i do not know if it has been dropped. not since i have had it. but it has done this since i got it. i will watch some videos and see how to disassemble those parts

Latest posts

Top Bottom