AR-15 Trigger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redsnake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally was able to get out w/a buddy this past Friday b4 the Spring snow storm and did a little shooting w/our 1911's and broke out my AR. I haven't shot it in over a year and when I pulled the trigger I remembered that lousy factory Armolite trigger it has... which leads to my ??

I've done a lot of searching in the past and even the past couple days and I'm finding several answers, but wanted to start my own post.

Is there anyplace local to the Tulsa area who sells AR Triggers?

Also... what would you guys recommend... The triggers I see most are the Rock River Stg 2, Jewell, Chip McCormick and Timney... They are all similarly priced w/the places I've seen online give or take... but my hold-up is not being sure which one to fork out my $$ on.

My AR is a 20" Heavy Barrel that I have set up mostly for Coyotes and groundhogs... so a nice 2-3lbs trigger is my preference. Doesn't have to be adjustable so long as it has a nice crisp break and little to no slop. Drop in is a must... as I'll do this one myself and don't want to pay a smithy for this job.

Places to buy online are always appreciated too and even assembly/disassembly tutorials are fun to read thru.

Thanks all...

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This shoulda been posted in the rifle section... that being said I have a rock river 2 stage trigger in mine. At $100 it is less expensive than a Jewell or Timney, and has a nice feel compared to my first ever rifle which had a stock DPMS trigger. Outside of that I can not give you much more information, never had it on a trigger pull scale but it's similiar or lighter than my 1911 which is a hair over 3.5 pounds. Never tried any of the others, and yes being a 2 stage it does have a long take up before it reaches the wall.

Kiyot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is the JP trigger too. It's about $125 or so I believe. Have had both the Timney and JP trigger installed. They are both really nice. The Timney is more expensive, but alot easier to install. The JP there can be a little bit of work involved in stoning down the excess to be able to engage the safety properly. It is necessary though to make sure the safety is actually safe, because these triggers barely move at all. I am amazed at the difference, and from now on will put some kind of trigger upgrade into any AR that I own.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like a single stage trigger, I would recommend either the Accuracy Speaks or the JP. They both require a bit of gunsmithing but the directions are excellent and it's nothing difficult at all. The JP is VERY easy to install if you also install one of his adjustable safeties at the same time, with minimal to no filing.
From everything I've read, for 2 stage triggers, the Geissele is the best thing going.

Latest posts

Top Bottom