AR-15 Trigger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Gisselle triggers are considered top notch. The Springfield triggers are the cheapest way to go for a decent trigger. Everything else will be in between on price and quality. I have a Gisselle, a JARD and have a Springfield on the way. So far the Gisselle is my favorite.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of the trigger mentioned, the only two I have seen stand up to continual use is the Gisselle and the J.P.. All the others I have seen go out of adjustment, or break at the worst of times. I have always used J.P. and have one that has over 40,000 rounds on it ( 3 1/3 barrels worth) and it has never failed or gone out of adjustment. If you go J.P. be sure and get the speed hammer to go with it. Stcok hammers do work with them, but you will be much happier with the speed hammer also. The rifle I am talking about has a very nice 1 3/4# pull and has since the day I installed it. Go J.P. and never look back. KurtM

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also... what would you guys recommend... The triggers I see most are the Rock River Stg 2, Jewell, Chip McCormick and Timney... They are all similarly priced w/the places I've seen online give or take... but my hold-up is not being sure which one to fork out my $$ on.

My AR is a 20" Heavy Barrel that I have set up mostly for Coyotes and groundhogs... so a nice 2-3lbs trigger is my preference. Doesn't have to be adjustable so long as it has a nice crisp break and little to no slop. Drop in is a must... as I'll do this one myself and don't want to pay a smithy for this job.

Places to buy online are always appreciated too and even assembly/disassembly tutorials are fun to read thru.

Thanks all...

I have a JP Trigger and light weight hammer in mine and I love it. See http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=10314/guntechdetail/An_Easy_AR_15_Trigger_Job for a description. I don't know how much one would cost since mine came with itl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom