AR Build Cerakote or Reanodize?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice thing about rattle can is if and when you get tired of a pattern or color it is an easy fix and redo. I have thought about doing a base in cerakote then modify when and as I see fit but that is money I can spend on something else.

Just keep in mind that after cerakote is fully cured you cant spray more over the top of it. Cerakote wont stick to cured Cerakote.

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
JMS Tactical in Collinsville will Cerakote my stripped lower for $30, I may just have them do it. My pistol is complete now (other than muzzle device and it's really not as noticeable as it was initially). Now I just need to head to the range, I picked up 1k rounds for $225 last week so I am ready for some fun, I mean testing.
2c0247e8652de370b9af5b283f010636.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I have a couple with some slight variations in the depth or intensity of the black anodizing, but for the most part, it's never bothered me. Some people are pretty... I dunno, anal, I guess, about how closely the colors match. I will tell you, if you think you're going to get just your lower Cerakoted and expect it to match the upper at that point, I think you're going to be disappointed. You'll need to do at least lower, upper and handguard if you want it all to match as closely as possible. You should expect to pay less than $100, IMO, to have that done.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am not one to worry about varying colors of my builds, but I completely understand those that do. As stated above, if you want the gun to match, just have the entire thing done at the same time and it shall be...