AR open carry at Hafer park in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm reading and rereading this conversation and keep coming to the same conclusion. This is the same argument used when taking gun rights away. There are those who say he shouldn't do it in the park, while it's legal, it's not safe. I've heard that for years. The democrats have been telling us that about our MSR and it's standard high capacity magazine. Let that sink in.

Most of us are not really saying he shouldn't do it because "it's not safe". We are just saying that intentionally engaging in abnormal behavior with the specific intent of getting a reaction from bystanders and the police is not the example of a responsible gun owner we want presented.

Like it or not, walking around a public park openly carrying three firearms, including one that can easily be mistaken for a rifle, is abnormal behavior. It's just as weird as some dude walking around with a giant dildo or a ninja sword.

He's not fixing anything. Open carry is already legal in Oklahoma. Did we have a rash of incidents with the cops being called on open carriers which required this self appointed "audit"? No, we didn't. These self-appointed crusaders are largely a bunch of attention whores who have never carried a firearm for blood or money. It's a disturbing and very weird game for them.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me owning certain items, and using them, at the range, or in a CCW mode for example, doesn't generally cause alarm to the public. I have reread the conversation too, and it has come up that while it may be legal, that doesn't mean you have to do it. It would be entirely legal for me to wear "tactical" clothing, a MAGA hat, and to strap on a big pistol and hang a pair of binos around my neck, and then go lurk around outside a mosque, or a synagogue, or a predominantly black church too. But if I did so, I bet it wouldn't be long until I had a police response, with them questioning me about my actions. "Oh, I'm just exercising my 2A rights officers".

Nah. (Besides, I don't know how to do a YouTube video of my tactically cool self, so...)

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then, given the above responses, abnormal behavior that causes fear is reason to not do it. In other words, open carrying anywhere in public. So, open carry is a bad idea even though it's legal because it causes public panic and is abnormal behavior by society's standards? Or is it okay to carry a gun on you as long as it's not in public? I know it's an extreme that hasn't been talked about, but what if restrictions like this were put in place? Everyone would be yelling that it violates their second amendment rights and they should be allowed to carry anywhere. You really have to look at both sides of everything, and not just the middle ground. I can't say I don't agree with what he did, it's legal. As long as he follows the law, it's not my place to judge him. Just food for thought, not trying to start any arguments.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then, given the above responses, abnormal behavior that causes fear is reason to not do it. In other words, open carrying anywhere in public. So, open carry is a bad idea even though it's legal because it causes public panic and is abnormal behavior by society's standards? Or is it okay to carry a gun on you as long as it's not in public? I know it's an extreme that hasn't been talked about, but what if restrictions like this were put in place? Everyone would be yelling that it violates their second amendment rights and they should be allowed to carry anywhere. You really have to look at both sides of everything, and not just the middle ground. I can't say I don't agree with what he did, it's legal. As long as he follows the law, it's not my place to judge him. Just food for thought, not trying to start any arguments.
I agree. Even with the comments of (He's a dumbass) how many of you are really glad to see someone challenge the law and rights. The guy has a camera to alert an officer that a camera is on. LE knows the youtube live scene. What's funny is probably everyone of you in OSA commented something in regards to the AR/Black Gun being the same as any other firearm and now its a scary gun. Most everyone has seen a pistol strapped open carried in all of Oklahoma. He just went extra with the black rifle being a pistol technically.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No, what he is doing goes beyond standards of public decency and normal "open carry". He was engaging in abnormal behavior for the specific and openly stated purpose of causing fear and eliciting a response. That is irresponsible, even if it's not illegal.

Open carry is becoming more acceptable and normal, in most situations and circumstances. This guy wasn't just enjoying a leisurely day at the park while he happened to be open carrying a pistol for personal protection. He was engaging in immature, self-aggrandizing, theater so he could go home and count his youtube likes and comments.

If you walk around with your pants hanging off your a## and your underwear showing, it's legal but it's still stupid and I will deride you for it while still recognizing your right to do it. If you walk around blowing massive clouds of vape smoke into crowds of bystanders, it's probably legal but you are an idiot. If you want to wear a man-kini at the public pool, it might be legal but nobody wants to see your nut hair. If you want to strap on three guns, including a long gun (or something easily mistaken for a long gun) and take a walk in a public park just to get a rise out of moms pushing their kids in strollers and "educate the cops" then, again, you are an idiot and I have no use for you. I will point you out to my children and call you names....while still agreeing you have a right to do it.

His behavior is a classic example of critical decisions being made where rights and responsibilities intersect.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I give up. Most sensible people would agree this guy is just an attention whore and is a detriment to the general public considering gun owners as reasonable people. You’ve taken the position that this type of behavior serves some type of good. The more wannabe idiots like this we have wandering around because they “like the atmosphere” or “taking their AR for a walk” the more gun owners will be thought of as weirdos instead of normal people. If you think it’s fine for a guy to walk around with 2 handguns and an AR slung over his shoulder then good for you.

I bet this clown has had 0 training, couldn’t run 50 yards without having a heart attack and probably can’t hit the broad side of a barn with any of the 3 firearms he’s carrying. But hey, if it makes him feel more manly to walk thru a crowd of college kids all loaded up then so be it. It’s probably the only jollies he gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If 'most' sensible people agree with you, then there are some sensible people who don't. I'm one of them. If you carry the logic of your 'argument' over to 'reasonable' people, there are reasonable people who don't agree with you. I'm one of them as well.

For further clarification of your stated claims, please follow up here with your definition of "sensible people" and your definition of "reasonable people" and how those definitions apply here. For now, all I see are clichés with a dose of your personal opinions and pretense.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom