AR optic advice needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm in the market to pick up an optic for my AR which is mainly used for plinking/range time. I have narrowed it down to the Primary Arms M4 style red dot, Vortex Strikefire, or the Bushnell Trophy 1x32 MP. I would appreciate any input on these optics if you have any experience with them. Thanks

Matthew77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Owned the Primary Arms and would own one again. Only reason I don't have one now is I don't have an EBR. IMO Primary Arms is the only way to go for those like me who are budget challenged.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 Primary Arms. I bought one of their M3 clones a couple of years ago. It is a fantastic optic for the price. I have dropped it, gotten it wet, knocked it around on an AR, and AK, and a .308 Saiga. Runs like a champ.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 3 Primary Arms optics and have been very happy with all three. I'll always buy Aimpoint for my serious use guns (have two of those as well), but the PA's are very good for everything else and cost a LOT less.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Primary Arms has great prices. But I've also heard things about them that made me go with the Vortex Strike Fire. I like mine alot, but wish they'd put the power button somewhere else. It can turn on just being in the case.

Another option for you to look at is Lucid HD7. I wish I'd gotten one of those but didn't know about it until after I got my Vortex.

Look here: http://mylucidgear.com/reddot.php
I would want that over anything Primary Arms has.

Latest posts

Top Bottom