AR paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an AR style rifle and as with many (if not all) models, the shell casings have scratched away some of the paint as they eject. I know that this does not compromise the gun in anyway at all but it is just enough of a scratch to bother me. So my question is what kind of paint is used on AR style rifles and where can I get some?
Thanks

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an AR style rifle and as with many (if not all) models, the shell casings have scratched away some of the paint as they eject. I know that this does not compromise the gun in anyway at all but it is just enough of a scratch to bother me. So my question is what kind of paint is used on AR style rifles and where can I get some?
Thanks

If you're talking about your deflector (and its turning brass colored), then you might be able to clean some of that off. Otherwise, if its a Colt or other grey model, find some ceramic engine paint in a matching color and use it to touch it up.

If its black, then I'd do the same (I've actually used that ceramic engine paint from Autozone on a lot of stuff).

Here's a hint - some folks put grip tape on the deflector to protect it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom