AR trigger work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a Bill Springfield trigger back. It was a Daniel Defense stock trigger. Biggest thing I noticed was zero slack and a crisper pull. Not much of a difference it pull weight, but I asked for the combat trigger.
Appears it was lightly stoned, everything was nicely mated.
Turnaround time was less than a week.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Jard in one of my ar's, and have also had a Bill Springfield. Both are excellent triggers. Have heard of complaints with a couple of Springfield triggers, but complainers admitted that Bill made them right. There's also another guy who has customized a trigger for me. If interested, send me a pm and I'll try to find his info. You can also google "15 minute trigger job" that you can do yourself.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy did one on my AR for free and it took him about 10-15 minutes and it has a nice 3-1/2 lb pull which is fine for a rapid fire combat rifle. If you want a long range varmit gun or sniper rifle, buy a trigger that costs several hundred dollars, but I personally wouldn't spend that much money on an AR trigger.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy did one on my AR for free and it took him about 10-15 minutes and it has a nice 3-1/2 lb pull which is fine for a rapid fire combat rifle. If you want a long range varmit gun or sniper rifle, buy a trigger that costs several hundred dollars, but I personally wouldn't spend that much money on an AR trigger.

A word of caution when doing home-trigger jobs (or even when having a smith to the work if he/she doesn't know AR triggers really really well).

The problem with AR triggers is that they're not all equal. I'm not trying to start another "mine is better than yours" argument, but several LPK manufacturers don't use the same quality materials, hardening process, or tolerances when manufacturing the individual parts (specifically of concern is the fire control group).

Taking a little material off might create a great-feeling trigger, but with heavy use comes wear and tear on the parts and that great-feeling trigger might start to get longer, mis-timed, become full-auto, or worst-case, let the hammer fall before the bolt closes.

Lots of stories on the net of AR triggers failing (once messed with), so just be careful out there.

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well before i decided i would spend 100$ or more on a trigger i wanted to tinker w/ the factory trigger. So i got the JP Enterprises Trigger Spring Kit and installed it, polished up the sear surfaces, Cut off the back of the hammer, and put a set screw under the back of the trigger in the pistol grip screw hole to reduce the take up, all described here. All in all it was just fun to do it. Getting more familiar w/ the gun and firing group if anything. I have yet to shoot it but once i get a few more things done that i have planned ill take it to the range.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just found out the my superior arms lower had an adjustment screw in it already. I adjusted it where the trigger felt really good and could'nt get the saftey on. Now i've got it adjusted were the saftey will just go on.

Think i might try grinding on the trigger a little.

Thinks Implodedmidz i learned a little something there.

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow toney so your lower came with it or had u gotten it from someone else that might have done it? Glad to help. It's pretty tedious gettin the trigger where I wanted it and grinding on it to get safety to engage. I think I installed the trigger & hammer and tried to get the safety to slip in like 6-8 times before I got it just right there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom